Had my band out today...

heatherlowrymom
on 10/5/09 11:53 am
Not in much pain, just the gas pains and a headache from vicodin...he said I have a lot of adhesions, which could make it more possible for open RNY when he does that...but if he has to, that is fine with me...he said probably not, though....
so my question is...with rny, how does your body know when to stop losing weight? I don't have hundreds to lose, maybe 60-80 and I will be pretty darn thin...but I never thought of this and so I never asked...
anyways, I think I had the best anesthesiologist better and he said I can request him again! Oh yeah, and a great surgeon....AND only about a mile from my house!!! Last surgeon was an hour!
Heather
Teena A.
on 10/6/09 9:56 am - Mesquite, TX
Heather,

Glad you are home safely from getting your band out.

It is a good thing that you are not in a lot of pain except the gas.

I am not really sure how your body knows how to stop losing with RNY, but it just knows.

There are a few cases where people get underweight, but under the direction of a skilled Bariatric Surgeon he will make sure that you are safe and at a reasonable weight for your height and frame.

I wish you well in your next surgery.

Get well soon.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

emjayel56
on 10/6/09 10:41 am - Boynton Beach,, FL
Hi Heather,
It's funny I had my band out 5 1/2 weeks ago and they did RNY bypass same time.  They did it laparascopically and I had a lot of scar tissue as well from 3 prior surgeries (I had two lapbands and a hiatel hernia).  On the day of my revision I had about 75 lbs to lose tops since i've had bands for 9 years and good success early on  I asked my surgeon that exact question ... how would my body know that it was time to stop losing weight.  He told me that the body will only lose a certain percentage of body fat and stop at that point.  He said that diabetics with normal weight have bypass to lose the diabetes and they do not lose 100s of pounds... they only lose a percentage.  So I was comfortable with that.  I've lost 32 lbs in the 5 1/2 weeks... slower than a lot of others but I have at most 50 more lbs to lose.   Good luck to you and feel free to email me with any questions.
Maryjo
Teena A.
on 10/6/09 11:23 am - Mesquite, TX
Maryjo,

You are doing absolutely fabulous.

Keep up the great work with your weight loss.

I am so proud of you.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

emjayel56
on 10/6/09 11:24 am - Boynton Beach,, FL
Thanks so much Teena ..

Can't believe you big day is virtually here!

I'm psyched for you.

Maryjo
Most Active