Dr. Nye??

brandlin23
on 10/5/09 7:45 pm - Ft. Wainwright, AK
Just curious if anyone has done a revision with Dr. Nye in Pensacola, Fl. He was my original surgeon and the one that has been trying to help me find out what is going on with my RNY. If I go for a revision I am leaning towards Dr. Nye because he knows what he did the first time despite someone new going in and not knowing. Just curious! Thanks!
USAF Wife
on 10/10/09 11:27 am, edited 10/10/09 11:27 am
He did my band in Oct 2008, I left his practice in March 2009, and had my revision to sleeve performed at Eglin AFB with Dr. Michael Michel (absolutely amazing experience and surgical staff). I have 2 friends who went to him for their revisions and have not been happy with his aftercare  or their loss since their ERNYs were done about 8 months ago(my reason for leaving).

We're all military spouses as well that went to him based on Tricare's referrals.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

brandlin23
on 10/10/09 1:42 pm - Ft. Wainwright, AK
Thank you so much for the information! We are stationed in Alaska right now and I have been trying to get his office to help me fix this gastric fistual thing and it is like pulling teeth and I don't understand why. when I had the surgery in 2005 his staff was great. It is almost like they are blowing me off since I am not there in Florida anymore, even though I said I would fly to him to have the surgery. I guess I just think the less people messing with my insides the better. Thanks for the info. I think I might see what they can do here in Alaska! Thanks again!!
USAF Wife
on 10/12/09 9:36 am
The office is apparently no longer part of Baptist Hospital. I've heard a few rumors here and there, but to avoid drama, I won't share here.

I felt like they didn't want to treat me because I had issues. It's all in my blog on here, and once I became "needy" they didn't want to deal with me at all.

I hope you find someone that can help you in Alaska. I know it's very stressful.

Good luck, and if you ever want to chat or vent, feel free to message me on here.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Most Active