Lap-Band to DS??

Mz_Pretty
on 10/2/09 5:20 am - Kansas City, MO
Revision on 06/25/13
Hello everyone, I was wondering has anyone ever had a revision done to a DS? I am having a hard time deciding which one I should get the RNY or DS, but I'm leaning more towards the DS. So if you had a revision to a DS please share your advice and thoughts. Thanks!
NancyBluEyes
on 10/2/09 8:03 pm - SouthOfTheCities, MN
I know there are several revisions who post on the DS board regularly too so you could post this ?? there as well. I am a DS patient and was just lurking here trying to figure out how to talk a friend out of getting the lap-band.
Nancy  Remember what you deserve. Be good to you. Do good to you. 
5'11"    HW 419 / SW 382 / CW 205 / GW 180

emjayel56
on 10/2/09 10:15 pm - Boynton Beach,, FL
Nancy
I understand what you are saying about your friend.  I had two lapbands and eventually revised to an RNY which is probably what I should have done from day 1, however your friend has to do what is best for himself or herself.  I think all you can do is present the information to them but ultimately after researching and discussions with their surgeon they need to do what they believe is best for them.  What procedure is good for one person is not necessarily the best for the other person. 
Have a nice day.
maryjo
babsintx
on 10/3/09 11:53 pm - GA
Hi,

I was a 5 year bandster to VSG revision. I was SMO when I started in 2003. I am now at goal. I dont know how much you need to lose, but maybe a VSG would be enough? A lot depends on why the band is not working for you. If purely restrictive is not enough and you need malabsorptive, then the DS is a great choice. But once again, that depends on why your band is not working for you. Mine slipped, I had a partial prolapse and achalasia of the esophagus so it needed to be removed.

Babs

Babs

jass28
on 10/6/09 3:26 am - A Town, NJ
I revised from the Lapband to the DS and it was the best decision I ever made.  I was also leaning towards the RNY until I discovered the DS.  On the revision boards I saw way too many RNY patients looking for revisions so I decided to go with the DS.  My only regret is not knowing about the DS before I paid $15k to get the band.  Since surgery I lost all my excess weight and more, and had a baby.  My advise?  GET THE DS.

339/318.6/125/155/165
SW/SW/LW/CW/GW      
Revision from Lapband to DS and Had healthy post-op baby, LOVE MY DS!

Most Active