Nausea

LisaHogarth
on 10/2/09 2:50 am - Chesterfield, VA
Hi everyone.  I am quite new to this so bear with me =).

I had revision RNY from VBG 2 weeks ago.  Since then, I have been nauseated and unable to eat / drink very little (especially protein drinks (the smell makes me nauseated).  Does anyone have any insite into why or have had this issue.  I really need to get these in but can not get past the ikk.

Thanks
Lisa Hogarth

Surgery Date September 21, 2009  

shele
on 10/2/09 3:38 am

Not at all uncommon, especially on the smells.  Call your doc and ask for an anit nausea med.  Concentrate on any type of fluids you can tolerate. very important you don't get dehydrated. I know it's hard, just keep trying if only sips at a time.  Try different temps, for me room temp was much better than cold drinks.  Protein is important, but liquids are more so for now.

Good Luck!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

JROLFSON
on 10/9/09 6:32 am - St. George, UT

Hello Lisa:

I am very familiar with the nausea....I had VBG and RNY Revision and suffered with severe nausea for months after surgery...The more you don't eat the more nausea you will get...Because I didn't eat hardly anything after my revision my Nausea was horrible it finally subsided after about 3 months...I know the doctor has several types of nausea medicine that works really well....You should call your surgeon...

Janie

Most Active