7 More Days Til Surgery - October 9, 2009 at 11:00 am

Teena A.
on 10/1/09 12:24 am, edited 10/1/09 2:59 am - Mesquite, TX

Good Morning all my Gorgeous and Handsome OH Ladies and Gentlemen.

I hope everyone is doing well and are in good spirits today.

I am doing well, but am starting to go through head hunger on my pre op liquid diet.

I know I will be just fine, but I just wanted to document it so others will know that they are not alone.

I now have 7 days til my gastro gastric fistula repair and revision surgery and am getting closer and closer to being on the other side.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

I have been trying my damnedest to stay hella busy and no****ch TV commercials as that is when the head hunger kicks in the most.

I went last night to a focus study to give my opinion on dining out, but it ended up being us watching commercials for Olive Garden.

LMAO.

We had to watch five different commercials and rate them and give our opinion for an hour.

I saw over and over again their bread sticks, four different soups, and salad for an hour.

I was so hungry I could have jumped up and licked the TV screen and been happy.

It looked that damn good.

LMAO.

Cool part was I got $75.00 cash and a $10.00 Olive Garden Gift Card for my time and opinions.

Now I can order more WLS supplies and a few months post op go eat me some soup, salad, and maybe a piece of a bread stick.

I am happy that time seems to be flying by.

I hope you all have an absolutely fabulous Thursday.

Be kind to yourselves and one another.

“I believe that the very purpose of life is to be happy. From the very core of our being, we desire contentment. In my own limited experience I have found that the more we care for the happiness of others, the greater is our own sense of well-being. Cultivating a close, warmhearted feeling for others automatically puts the mind at ease. It helps remove whatever fears or insecurities we may have and gives us the strength to cope with any obstacles we encounter. It is the principal source of success in life. Since we are not solely material creatures, it is a mistake to place all our hopes for happiness on external development alone. The key is to develop inner peace." Written by His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

Medley411
on 10/1/09 12:28 am

Oh that is too funny, an hour of Olive Garden commercials.  Well, you got some cash and in these days everything counts!  Oh my goodness, dont we all have moments like that.  Hang in and your post was very positive and funny.  Keep up your sense of humor, it will come in handy.

Teena A.
on 10/1/09 12:38 am - Mesquite, TX
Thx.

When I got there and realized what we would be doing for an hour I was floored.

I said "Are you serious?" really loud and then I explained to the group that I am on a pre-op liquid diet before my surgery and that I have not eaten any real food for a week.

They were laughing every time the food was shown because I was licking my lips.

One lady grabbed my hand during one commercial because she said it must be pure torture for me and she said she felt for me.

It was all pretty comical.

LMAO.

I had fun and got cash and a gift card so I guess that is all that matters.

If I get another call for a focus group before and after surgery I will be sure to ask if food or watching food is involved as it was a rough ass hour.

I am goofy with a capital G.

There is always a reason to laugh and smile in my book.

I feel like laughter is my drug of choice and what gets me through hard times.

Thx for your support.

Teena Adler

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

emjayel56
on 10/1/09 2:40 am - Boynton Beach,, FL
Hey Teena,
Can't believe your surgery is next week; time is flying. 

You have a great attitude and perspective on things; I agree that Olive Garden commercials last night had to be almost tortuous but like always you handle it with grace and with ease, just like you will the rest of the preop diet and your revision next week. 

Have a great day.

MJ
Teena A.
on 10/1/09 7:42 am - Mesquite, TX
Mary Jo,

Thank you.

I can't believe it either.

I am so ready.

I have all my protein shakes as well as my vitamin supplements ready.

I have all my manuals and motivational tools set to go.

The head hunger is a pain, but I am getting through it well.

I just know that there is a rainbow at the end of the tunnel and that is the only way I am able to be positive about the whole journey.

Thank you again for your continued support.
Teena Adler

mew6495
on 10/1/09 8:32 am - MI
  You are too funny!

WHOOO WHOOOOOO!!!!  Only a few more short days until the next phase of your new journey.  We are counting with you girl and praying that your surgery is uneventful, successful and that you have a speedy recovery.

Soon you will be a looser like the rest of us!

God Bless,
MEW

Teena A.
on 10/1/09 8:38 am - Mesquite, TX
Mew,

Thx.

Never thought the day would come that I would actually crave being a freaking loser.

That is now on my things to do list on my calendar and goal sheet.

My BFF saw it and she said I needed Jesus.

I explained to her what it meant and then she understood.

LMAO.

I am so ready.

Thank you for your continued support.

I literally just sent you an email.

Funny how this all works.

I am off to take my evening vitamins.

I hope you are having an absolutely fabulous evening.
Teena Adler

Angie T.
on 10/1/09 11:35 pm - Somewhere, NY

Thats wonderful, but do stay away from the television my dear, before you know it, you're going to be smelling that food. Keep us updated and best of luck to you

Kindness Matters  

Angie

Teena A.
on 10/2/09 1:30 am - Mesquite, TX
LMAO.

Thank you Angie

Teena Adler

Zee Starrlite
on 10/2/09 1:02 am
Just wanted to say hello to you Teena and wish you well.   

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Most Active