ROSE procedure - Whose had it?

staceynw
on 9/28/09 2:02 am - Plain, WI
RNY on 04/23/04 with
I am looking to find out if there is anyone on here that has had the ROSE procedure to revise their gastric bypass after failure or weight gain.   I had a distal RNY five years ago and had an enlarged stoma from the very beginning due to lack of scar tissue, and my weight loss was minimal.

I had an endoscopy last week to investigate acid reflux. . . . it was confirmed AGAIN that my pouch is very small (only 5 cm), but my stoma is excessively large (15-17 mm).

I've found a doctor in the Chicago area that does the ROSE procedure, but since I'll be a "private pay" patient, I'd like to know if anyone has had it done and what their additional weight loss has been.

Thanks.
Teena A.
on 9/28/09 3:14 am, edited 9/28/09 3:20 am - Mesquite, TX
I have not had the procedure, but contact this link below and email her and she should be able to help you.

www.obesityhelp.com/member/coachroz/

www.youtube.com/watch

www.youtube.com/watch

I have not heard many good things about the procedure.

I have heard horror stories of self pay and no weight loss repeatedly.

If you have a massive amount of weight to lose this is not the option for you and neither is the stomaphx.

Be sure to do your research thoroughly before you spend your hard earned cash money.

Good luck.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

Most Active