EGD with Sclerotherapy

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/09 12:52 pm
i am scheduled for an EGD with Sclerotherapy Wed 9/30.  Does anybody have any advice or comments? I dread the clear liquid diet for one week and then full liquids for anoher week.  ugh

Dr Hodson in Atlanta is doing the procedure.

Ruby
RNY 3/11/2005
262/125/140
hi/lo/today
Teena A.
on 10/1/09 1:53 am - Mesquite, TX
I am writing to see how you are feeling after your procedure?

Sorry I did not see this post prior to your surgery.

I have no experience with
Sclerotherapy personally, but I do know the people I have seen on here that have had it said it did not help and was very disappointed.

I hope all is well with you and that it works out for you.

Good luck.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/09 7:40 am
I do not have much faith in the procedure, but my doctor wanted me to do it so.....   Every thing went fine.  I am a little sore in my chest, but nothing to complain about.  I am on a clear liquid diet for a week and then a full liquid the second week.  After that I am to start adding in flakely fish, eggs, etc.

My surgeon said my stoma was about the size of a half dollar.  It should be about the size of a dime.  WELL then he told me he made my stoma about the size of a nickel, so I would not lose too much weight.  I am not happy about his decision.  I have done everything I could to keep the weight off and when I thought he was going to help me, he makes this silly decision and does not help me as much as I had hoped for.

Before the procedure I was told a lot of people have it done twice.  If I should do it again, I will have to have it done before the first of the year because of an insurance change.

He said after the procedure that I would probably not need to do it again.  With only drinking liquids I have no idea if this has helped.  Maybe with the liquid diet, I will get over some of my bad habits and eat better.  Really I eat pretty good.  I drink lots of protein, eat chicken and yogurt.  I sometimes eat bread and sugar, but not a lot.  I am going to work hard staying off the white stuff.

Good luck with your procedure next week.  Feel free to contact me again if you want more details and how this thing works.  I am off to get another cup of broth.  I added you as a friend.
Teena A.
on 10/4/09 2:09 am - Mesquite, TX
Ruby,

I am glad to hear that all is well except the soreness in your chest.

I am now mad at your damn surgeon.

Why tell you something should be the size of a dime and then make it the size of a nickel?

WTF?

I hope for your sake that it all works out.

It is good that with the liquid diet you will have time to develop new habits.

I like your mindset about that.

You can achieve anything you set your mind to if your believe.

I wish you well.

I added you too.

Keep me posted.

Thank you for the well wishes regarding my surgery.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

shelia f. M.
on 10/25/10 11:23 am - Houston, TX
I am having this done on thrusday. How did it go for you..
Thanks
Most Active