10 Days Til Surgery

Teena A.
on 9/28/09 2:46 am, edited 9/28/09 3:10 am - Mesquite, TX

Someone needs to tell the sun it does not need to come to my bedroom window as it is at every other window. Ughhhh. I am awake now and will get right on all of the domestic chores I neglected yesterday.

I am so diligently trying to be even more patient and wait for my surgery day, but it is so hard. I am trying my damnedest to stay busy, busy, busy, but even through moments of being hella busy my surgery date still manages to slip into my thoughts.

I am sure most of that has to do with all of the minor setbacks that have come and gone. I guess a small part of me is starting to be like I will believe that the surgery is gonna happen when I am in the hospital and hooked up to the IV’s and the doctor actually comes into the room after surgery to tell me how well it went.

I guess that is just a little of the pessimist in me trying to come through. LMAO. In reality though I am more of an optimistic person. I know this time around that there is nothing that is getting in my way of having this gastro gastric fistula repaired and my surgery revised to distal.

So not loving the lovely liquid pre op diet I am on until surgery, but I do not hate it either. I do not find it hard to stay on as I have given away all of my food that was not on that list. If it is not on the list I do not need it. Thank Goddess I live alone and do not have others who need to eat other food around me. I am actually not hungry though. I guess I could possibly just live on knowing my surgery date is approaching. LMAO.

I am doing really well with my protein shakes. I love, love, love Zero carb Isopure Vanilla. I also believe I am somewhat addicted to Jell-O sugar free vanilla pudding and chicken broth.

I may not even want to eat real food again when it is time to switch back to food. LMAO. I thought I had messed up because I ate some lunch meat and cheese at the Obesity Help Conference in Dallas on Saturday because I was dizzy and light headed, but when I got home I saw that my paperwork said that I was not suppose to start my liquid diet until Sunday so that is great.

I am now ordering refills for all of my vitamin supplements that I am low on so that when I get home from the hospital all I have to do is just work my magic and follow my program.

I am reading my doctors manual daily so I can have it programmed in my brain. I was a great patient the first time around on this journey and I will no doubt me a great one this time around.  

I hope you all are having an absolutely fabulous Monday. Be kind to yourselves and one another. I have 10 days left til repair and revision surgery.YAY for liquid diets!!!

THEY ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

smileyjamie72
on 9/28/09 9:59 am - Palmer, AK
Awsome attitude, Teena!!!!

Keep up that positive flow!!!!!

You new pic is georgeous!
-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

Teena A.
on 9/28/09 10:03 am - Mesquite, TX
Thanks Jamie.

Not a new pic.

I switched hairstyles back so I had to change pic to reflect the do.

LMAO.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

Most Active