Band to band revision this Friday

dsvanhorn
on 9/27/09 10:39 am - GA
I underwent a lap band 9-21-07 with the 4cc band.  In May of this year, I began to have issues with acid and noticing I was not satisfied with the portions I have been taking in.  Long story short, it was found that my pouch had become dialated and despite removal of all my my fill, did not regress.  My surgeon is of the belief that if we intervene now...before I get in an urgent, obstructive situation, he will be able to remove my band, reduce the dialation and replace a new band higher up on my stomach. 

I have had great success with my band.  I have lost 91 pounds and would be at a realisitic goal for me in 15 pounds.  I am anxious about more surgery and whether I will have reversion and weight gain with this different band.  He plans to replace my original band with the Realize Band.

Anyone been there, done this????

Surgery is scheduled for Friday and I sure could use some encouraging truth or just plain truth of other experiences along this road.

Thanks.............
GayleTx
on 9/27/09 10:58 am - northeast, TX
Hope things went well for you today!

I had a second band......I had lost 160 lbs with the first one then had severe slippage so had to hve it removed and replaced.  The new ones are supposed to be much less prone to slippage than the older ones, so maybe this will work for you. 
dsvanhorn
on 9/27/09 11:13 am - GA
How long have you had your second band?  Would you day ithas been as 'good to you' as the first one?  He says my condition would be best described as a mild to moderate dialation/ ?? minmal slippage.......

And I do not want to sound stupid or vain...but I cannot go back to what it was like before.....I need this to work and be the last time.....

I am sure you understand that feeling........thanks for your thoughts
emjayel56
on 9/27/09 10:10 pm - Boynton Beach,, FL
Hi, congrats and good luck to you on your upcoming surgery.  I had my first band put in in 2001, lost 100 lbs.  After having several issues similar to you, they replaced my band in February of this year. I lost about 30 lbs of the 40 i had regained and that was it.  Then I started to have other issues with my esophagus and not losing any weight.  I finally had another surgery one month ago and removed the band and revised to an RNY bypass.  I am doing well with that.  The band just didnt work with me for my esophagus but that is just me.  All the best of luck to you.
maryjo
babsintx
on 9/27/09 10:44 pm - GA
Hi,

I am a band to sleeve revision. I had a lot of complications over 5 years with the band and had the original Inamed 4 cc band in 2003 -2008. I had the option to get a low pressure band since I had chronic problems with esophageal dilation and pouch dilation. I also had a small slip as well. I was warned that I could have a similar problem with another band and chose to have a sleeve instead. Best decision I ever made. I have been maintaining my weight for the first time in my life.

Babs

Shelby33KY
on 10/2/09 12:50 am
how did you get insurance approval for this if you were close to goal on your weight? Or were you a self pay?
I would like to have my lap band removed and get the sleeve. I am at about 25 BMI. I have not submitted anything to my insurance yet.
Shelby 
Surgery 09/06/07
Start weight 264/170/145

Most Active