Not really a revision but a repair

~~Melissa S~~
on 9/27/09 10:50 am - El Paso, TX
Hello Fellow OH'ers

Just wanted to give you all an update.  For those who do not know I developed three gastric-gastro fistulas.  Have been told it is an extremely rare complication actually of the three Bariatric Surgeons I have seen none report ever seeing three, especially on a patient who was completely transected.  Good news is that after a couple of insurance denials and a pier to pier to review my insurance approved the repair.  Have been through lots of pre-op tests and it was determined that the fistulas leading to my remnant stomach are the dominate channel for  my intake which would likely explain my sudden weight gain and ability to eat in much larger quantities. 

On 10/6/09 I will have the repair surgery done.  Have been told that it will be riskier surgery due to adhesion's and will have a partial hysterectomy done.  They estimate the surgery to last roughly 4 hours, I am lucky to have my mom coming to down to take care of me pre and post op. 

Anyhow just wanted to give you all an update on what is going on with my fistulas. 

~peace
Melissa
shele
on 9/27/09 6:59 pm
Wishing you luck and sending prayers for a fast and uneventful surgery/recovery!!!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

Teena A.
on 9/28/09 12:52 am, edited 9/28/09 12:54 am - Mesquite, TX
Melissa,

I am praying that your surgery is an uneventful surgery and that your recovery is speedy.

I am having a gastro gastric fistula repaired as well, but I am also being revised as a way to boost my weight loss after they repair the fistula.

Are they not revising you at all?

I will be having surgery three days after you so you will definitely be in my prayers.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

Most Active