I need help

Debbie B.
on 9/27/09 10:02 am - Eagle River, WI
Well, I did not know what to do so I am putting this out there, hopefully with people who have had or are having the same problem. 

I had weight loss surgery in September of 2005.  I lost 122 lbs and stopped dead.  I still needed to lose at the very least another 80+.  I have gained 40 lbs back.  I don't know what to do.  Sometimes I can't eat much but other times I can.  I seem to never feel full anymore.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? 

I JUST CAN'T GO BACK THERE AGAIN ......

Would appreciate hearing any ideas.

Thanks,
DAB
shele
on 9/27/09 7:03 pm

I would start by seeing if your surgeon does any type of revision, if so go back and they should do some testing to see if you have a mechanical failure.  If not find one who will. Make sure they are experienced!!!!

Start researching your options, decide what will be best for YOU and go after it!

Good Luck!!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

Debbie B.
on 9/28/09 4:25 am - Eagle River, WI
Thanks for your help. 

I have started the ball rolling and am on a journey.

Thanks again,
Deb
Teena A.
on 9/28/09 3:34 am, edited 9/28/09 3:35 am - Mesquite, TX
Shele is right.

You actually need to start with getting an Upper GI and an EGD done to see if you have a mechanical failure if you have not already done this.

I would contact my previous surgeon and get the ball started with the two test I listed.

This will let you know a lot and help you in your journey as this will be needed by any surgeon you see for revision.

Research, research, research all procedures out there DS, ERNY (Distal Gastric Bypass depending on your common channel), band over bypass (Bob), Rose, Stomaphyx.

Research all revision doctors in your area or close to your area. Determine if need be if you would be willing to travel for your revision.

Research your insurance plan and determine what your policy is regarding revisions for weight loss surgery as you may have to do a 6 month diet, psychological testing, etc prior to a revision being approved.

There is so much to do, but first thing is first you have to determine what is going on with what you have now by the test listed above.

My doctor wanted both test, but the Upper GI is the main one that shows them the most.

I wish you well on your journey.

Good luck.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

Debbie B.
on 9/28/09 4:24 am - Eagle River, WI
Thank you so much.

I started the ball rolling and will be attending a seminar on Ocotber 9th.  I have sent for my surgical notes and will talk to the doctor at the seminar and get things scheduled.  I talked with his nurse and she talked about the tests you mentioned.  My insurance only covers it if it is medically necessary.  His nurse said she has never seen my insurance turn this down.

So, I have started my journey and it looks like my sister is going along with me as she had surgery longer ago than I did.

I love this forum, it is so helpful.

Thanks

Deb
Teena A.
on 9/28/09 4:27 am - Mesquite, TX
Good luck Deb

October 9th is my repair and revision surgery date.

Sounds like you are on the right path.

There are so many people on this board that are willing to help you so never ever feel as if you are alone.

Since your sister is doing this with you you truly will never be alone.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

Most Active