Finally heard from insurance today - I'm approved w/Dr. Provost

Teena A.
on 9/18/09 11:40 am, edited 9/19/09 3:08 am - Mesquite, TX
Hello all of my gorgeous and handsome Obesity Help family

I finally heard from my Nurse case manager today after calling her daily and leaving a vm once a day since Thursday for her.

I think what got that hooker off her ass is I faxed her a detailed list of each call I left for her with the date and time listed stating what I said on each  call.

I also wrote on the letter that the reason for the call was that I was referred to Dr. David Provost from my other surgeon and all we are waiting on is UHC approval for my surgery to be transferred to Dr. David Provost and that everything was the same except the surgery will now be done open.

I also explained that I am also faxing a copy of the letter to her manager as it appears that she is on vacation and has forgot to put a vacation message on her voice mail.

Some of you may be thinking that I was being a bit *****y, but you know what... I was!!!

Sometimes you have to be that way in order to get your message across and your mission accomplished.

Funny thing is her ass called me back within 15 minutes of receiving that fax.

She then also called Dr. David Provost's office to tell them my approval with the surgery being done open has been transferred into his name, but she had to leave a message because they close at 12 pm on Friday's.

I now have to wait til Monday..

LMAO.

Hmmmmmm.....It worked though.

I wonder how long it would have taken for her to call me back without the faxes..

Anyways I got what I wanted accomplished.

Sometimes you have to put a little fire under people's asses to get things done.

I am now patiently waiting until Monday to call the office to get my surgery date.

I hope you all have an absolutely fabulous night and weekend.

Be kind to yourselves and one another.

Keep your eyes on the prize and never give up.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

mew6495
on 9/18/09 2:33 pm - MI
 Girl  you are too funny!  You definitely have your tactics and ingenuity.  Well you are almost there...again!  I wish you much luck.

MEW

Teena A.
on 9/20/09 12:27 pm - Mesquite, TX
Mew,

Thx.

I had to figure something out.

That hooker was ignoring me.

LMAO.

Short of flying to her I had to use my brain and come up with another way to reach out and touch her.

Teena Adler

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

emjayel56
on 9/18/09 11:07 pm - Boynton Beach,, FL
Outstanding news Teena!!!  congrats... can't wait to hear what your date is.  This is the way it was meant to work out for you, you have a great surgeon and you will do great.  All the best always.
maryjo
Teena A.
on 9/19/09 2:58 am - Mesquite, TX
Maryjo,

Thx.

I can't wait to see what my date is too.

I was hoping to go see some friends in ATX around Halloween so I hope it is early enough to recover and be able to go party with them.

I truly believe that all things work out the way they do for a reason.

I do have a great surgeon and I know that everything will go well and there will be no issues.

I so appreciate all of your support.

You are the best.

Teena Adler

ginau
on 9/19/09 1:14 am - mesa, AZ
Hey Miss Thing !!

Love your attitude ...reading it I wanted to call the nurse if she was a Crack *****! not to call you back sooner !! what is her problem.....    LMAO 

seriously I love this post and will be printing it and passing it along to a couple of other people.  I think you demonstrate a good way to deal with a slow moving office. 

Thanks for keeping it real. 

I know it's going to be a long week-end for you. But try and enjoy some of it.   

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Teena A.
on 9/19/09 2:54 am, edited 9/19/09 2:54 am - Mesquite, TX
Jeanna,

The funny part of the whole thing was I was returning her phone call.

She had called me last Thursday and I had been trying to call her back every since then.

Waiting on her  had me pretty heated, hence me calling her a hooker.

When I get pissed I tend to use some pretty colorful words.

They seem to just fly out of my mouth like there is no tomorrow.

LMAO.

I have a disease called potty mouth/sailor disease and there is no cure that I want....

LOL.

I know how busy everyone is in the world, but it does not take a week to call someone back.

I figured if the phone does not work I would use what tools I had available and that was the fax.

I do not advocate harassing or stalking of the insurance people, but truly I had experiences with her prior to this and I knew she is slow to return calls.

I just decided that enough was enough and I wanted her to understand that.

I never let people walk all over me.

My mommy did not raise me that way.

I hope you have an absolutely fabulous Saturday.

Teena Adler

FrancineG
on 9/19/09 2:38 am - Wilmington, CA
Congratulations girl! You go get'em! These days we have to be our own advocates to get things done with the medical community.

Teena A.
on 9/19/09 2:47 am - Mesquite, TX
Francine.

Thx.

Congrats on the weight loss.

We have to look out for ourselves because no one else will for sure.

Teena Adler

Teena A.
on 9/19/09 2:45 am, edited 9/19/09 3:02 am - Mesquite, TX
OMG!

She just called me back.

I was so not gonna answer the phone because it is the weekend, but I saw her name pop up (Yes, I saved her number when she called me yesterday).

I wanted to know what would possess her to call me two days in a row after ignoring me for a week and two days.

LMAO.

She just wanted to tell me that she got a message from me yesterday!!!!

LOL.

ARE YOU SERIOUS????

A MESSAGE....... FROM YESTERDAY!!!!

She never mentioned the other 6 messages...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Now I truly know that she only called me because of my faxes..

I asked her a few more questions to confirm some things.

She said she mailed out the approval letter yesterday to Dr. David Provost and me yesterday after we talked.

I have also faxed a letter to Dr. David Provost's office to advise what has taken place regarding my insurance approval with him.

Monday is a long ways a way at this point, but not really.

I hope you all have an absolutely fabulous weekend.

Be kind to yourselves and one another.

Teena Adler

Most Active