Success this time after Revision

Polly29
on 9/15/09 6:49 pm - Ireland
If you have had a revision and it is successful 2nd time round,  what do you do differently and what tips do you have.  My revision is scheduled for October 13th.
Regards,
Polly
emjayel56
on 9/15/09 10:42 pm - Boynton Beach,, FL
HI Polly,
What kind of revision are scheduled for?  I just had a revision 8/31 from lapband to RNY.  I am following surgeon's advice to the letter as far as diet and exercise go. I have lost 25 lbs. since the revision.  Good luck to you and let me know if you have any questions.
Polly29
on 9/16/09 6:56 pm - Ireland
Hi there,
I had a RNY 2 years ago and lost 70lbs,  I have regained 30lbs.  My surgeon wants to make the pouch smaller again and this time fit a fobi ring to stop it stretching again.  I wondered how you felt after the surgery and how long it took to recover.
Thanks for your help,
Polly.
mew6495
on 9/16/09 8:41 am - MI
On September 16, 2009 at 1:49 AM Pacific Time, Polly29 wrote:
If you have had a revision and it is successful 2nd time round,  what do you do differently and what tips do you have.  My revision is scheduled for October 13th.
Regards,
Polly
 I had a revision to ERNY and consider mine a success....at least to date.  The jury is still out in my opinion until I get a bit more time behind me.  My surgiversay will be 10/3 so I am almost a year out.

2 things I have changed was to focus on protein making up the majority of my diet without exception and to always, ALWAYS, always make sure I religiously take my vitamins.

Good luck on your upcoming revision.  I hope it is everything you need it to be.

pokerchips
on 9/17/09 1:52 pm
Following the rules for the long haul not until I loose weight. Proteins first, drink lots of fluids, always take my vitamins, drink a protein drink at least once a day and most importantly custom smileyNO GRAZING!  only consume planned meals & snacks!  This time around I am more mindful of the fact that I have to make lifelong lifestyle changes. 

The first time around I exercised a lot but I have not been able to wrap my head around exercise this time but I will get there because I know physical exercise is good for me on many levels.

Like you I thought ahead of time how this journey would be different from the first time around.

Change is a Process Not an Event

Most Active