Rose Procedure ???

Regina Ping
on 9/16/09 12:48 am - Vero Beach, FL
I have been researching the Rose Procedure and was wondering how many of you have had it done and what the long term results are?  Doctor says my pouch is still small but the stoma has stretched.......

Thanks,
Regina
cmr3399
on 9/19/09 2:21 pm - Bayville, NJ

Hi Regina....

I hasd the Rose procedure done a little over a year ago. I never got the restriction it promised....I lost 20lbs...mainly water I am guessing and gained it back as quickly as it came off.  I finally had a Revision to an ERNY June 24th of this year.  Hope this helps....

Christine

'Nothing Tastes as good as THIN FEELS!"

dana712
on 9/19/09 10:29 pm
hi cmr3399.  I am looking into the ERNY.I have an appointment with Dr. Bessler in New York . How is your eating ?  How long was the procedure, and how many days were you in the hospital?       thanks dana
reenieb
on 9/23/09 4:12 am
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Doesn't work - and anyone that says it does is making money off the promise somehow. None of these so-called endoscopy revisions work and the people performing them know this to be true. Best of luck, Maureen
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
sighsmom
on 9/26/09 10:45 am - Rock Falls, IL
My question on THIS, is does EVER a tightening of the stoma work?
The reason I ask is I my problem is that I don't stay full LONG enough.
I'm fairly a successful result.
I was originally 321 lbs in Dec. 2004 and had my RNY on the 6th.
I lost to 147 lbs, and had a baby and gained to 175, HOWEVER I needed to get to at least 135 with an ultimate goal of 126. ( 135 NO longer considered overweight).
SO now I'm only 40 lbs away from the 135 lbs mark.
Wondering if I would EVEN qualify for a revision to DS? I'm a 32 BMI I THINK but don't recall exactly at the moment. ( some of my weight I'm sure is my severe excess skin)
I'm almost 5 years out and most people that truly have had issues I notice gain back WAY more weight than I have. ( my baby is 2.5 now).
Most Active