Teena A. ?? Update??

Teena A.
on 9/18/09 1:12 pm - Mesquite, TX

Diana,

Thank you for posting.

I  have my own opinions and no compunctions about sharing them either when it comes to my body, my life, and my choices.

Yes, I have had two Bariatric surgeons (A surgeon who specializes in the surgical treatment of obesity) and not necessarily only RNY surgery tell me that based on my anatomy and my past medical history (which I do not feel necessary to reveal – not that I have anything to hide, but it is irrelevant) that I can safely have DS performed, but based on my anatomy and past medical history that if need be reversal would be impossible for me.

Though I have not stated on OH, but I have contacted other DS surgeons with my two other surgeons findings via email/fax/mail and after reviewing my Upper GI, EGD film and reports I was told the same by them.

I am satisfied with the path that my journey has taken.

Once again I will state that all that matters is that I am happy with my choices…..THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS TO ME.

Thank you for the suggestion to contact Dr. Stewart as I stated that I would previously, but my mind has since changed.

There is no loop on my journey to close at this point other than me getting my surgery date, having surgery, praying that I have no complications, coming home to recover from surgery, and being successful with what I was given after surgery, and getting back to my goal weight and back into my size 6/8 jeans that I rocked until a year ago.

I do truly appreciate the concern and the wish of the best of luck.

Thank you very much for your help and support throughout my deciding process over which surgery (DS or ERNY) that I wanted.

I hope you have an absolutely fabulous night and weekend.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

mew6495
on 9/16/09 6:22 am - MI
On September 15, 2009 at 5:13 PM Pacific Time, Teena A. wrote:
Thank you Jamie,

Just got home.

I will start out first by saying that I liked him a lot.

He was friendly, nice, and thorough.

I went in there completely open minded with the following surgeries in mind ERNY or DS.

He explained the pro's and con's of both to me.

He has explained that due to my issue with the length of my short limb that he does not recommend DS due to the possible complications I could have because of it and he doubts any other doctor would recommend DS to me and he stated if they do I need to run.

He stated that if I did not have that issue that the DS would is a good surgery, but people need to understand that it is permanent and if issues do happen the ramifications of making the decision to have DS could affect your life.

He also basically stated what I already know regarding ERNY being the same as DS , but I will have a pouch, dumping, and all the issues with RNY (not a problem for me as I have had these issues since 2002).

All and all things went well.

I spoke with his nutritionist Rochelle and she stated the importance of vitamins and nutrition.

I explained to her that I already had a one hour session with the nutritionist three weeks ago and I showed her all of my notes and handouts and my daily vitamin schedule that I am already on and she stated that she could see I have done my homework and I know what to do.

Basically what has to happen now is the insurance person has to contact my insurance company to advise that Dr. David Provost will be doing my ERNY and oh yeah it will be done open and not laproscopic.

I am ok with that as well.

I do not want what happened last time to happen this time around and he stated that due to the fact that I have now been operated on  three times laproscopically (original WLS, first repair of gastro gastric fistula, 1st attempt at repair and revision on September 2, 2009) that he wants me open. I had a feeling that would happen and I am ok with it.

I will be calling and faxing my nurse case manager tonight to let her know of the change so she can get a jump on things.

I will let you all know when things have been approved with Dr. David Provost and I have a surgery date.

I am praying it is not that difficult or time consuming.

Yes, I would have preferred the DS, but if what my original surgeon did to me in 2002 does not allow for it and two doctors has said it then I have to believe it deal with it and move on.

I am happy with the way things have worked out.

As long as I am happy then that is all that matters.

I hope you all have an absolutely fabulous Tuesday night.

Be kind to yourselves and one another.

WOW Teena!  That is awesome!  Congratulations and good luck.  Although I know you will do absolutely wonderful.  You are correct...if you are happy that is all that matters.  Trust your instincts and your doctor and you won't go wrong.

I am happy and excited for you.  There is much we could all learn from you and how you have handled it, on this whole ordeal you have just been through!

Teena A.
on 9/16/09 6:38 am - Mesquite, TX
Mew,

I was wondering where you were hiding.

LMAO.

I have learned so much from the good people of this board.

You guys rock.

I appreciate your support more than you will ever know.

This journey has not be what I expected, but what does not kill me can only make me stronger right.

I have to be positive as negativity is not an option it is a hindrance and it gets absolutely nothing accomplished.

Oh and by the way he said my common channel would be between 90-100.

I have already started my vitamin schedule minus the ADEK's which I will start after revision.

Here is a list of my schedule.

2 hours before breakfast
150mg polycarbonate Iron
1000 mg Vitamin C
2mg copper
sublingual b-12 500 mcg

Breakfast
1 Centrum Multivitamin
2 pills- (630 mg) Calcium Citrate w/ 400 IU D3 included
1 super B-complex 
400 I.U. Dry E                  

Lunch
1- Centrum Multivitamin
2-100mg zinc
1 folic acid 800 mcg
1 Boron 3mg
1 Biotin 1000 mcg

Dinner
1- Centrum Multivitamin
1 dry vitamin K (1,000mcg 2 x's a week)

Bedtime
1 Centrum Multivitamin
25,000 I.U. Dry A
50,000 I.U. Dry D
sublingual b-12 500 mcg
400 I.U. Dry E
1 thiamin (B-1) 100 mg
1 Acidophilus (as lactobacillus acidophilus)

I hope you have an absolutely fabulous Wednesday!
Yeah ...It's hump day.

Teena Adler

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

mew6495
on 9/16/09 8:28 am - MI
On September 16, 2009 at 1:38 PM Pacific Time, Teena A. wrote:
Mew,

I was wondering where you were hiding.

LMAO.

I have learned so much from the good people of this board.

You guys rock.

I appreciate your support more than you will ever know.

This journey has not be what I expected, but what does not kill me can only make me stronger right.

I have to be positive as negativity is not an option it is a hindrance and it gets absolutely nothing accomplished.

Oh and by the way he said my common channel would be between 90-100.

I have already started my vitamin schedule minus the ADEK's which I will start after revision.

Here is a list of my schedule.

2 hours before breakfast
150mg polycarbonate Iron
1000 mg Vitamin C
2mg copper
sublingual b-12 500 mcg

Breakfast
1 Centrum Multivitamin
1 super B-complex 
400 I.U. Dry E                  

Lunch
1- Centrum Multivitamin
2-100mg zinc
1 folic acid 800 mcg
1 Boron 3mg
1 Biotin 1000 mcg

Dinner
1- Centrum Multivitamin
1 dry vitamin K (1,000mcg 2 x's a week)

Bedtime
1 Centrum Multivitamin
25,000 I.U. Dry A
50,000 I.U. Dry D
sublingual b-12 500 mcg
400 I.U. Dry E
1 thiamin (B-1) 100 mg
1 Acidophilus (as lactobacillus acidophilus)

I hope you have an absolutely fabulous Wednesday!
Yeah ...It's hump day.

You definitely seem to have your vitamin regime down.  Good for you.  I agree with you...this board ROCKS!  

So did your doctor advise you to take Thiamin B1 because you were deficient?  Just curious because I have never had an issue with B1.  I did with B12 (just slightly) early on after my 1st wls but not since.

Girl....YOU ROCK... keep up the good work. 

Teena A.
on 9/17/09 12:57 pm - Mesquite, TX
Mew,

No... a doctor did not ever advise me to take B1.

I never had an issue with B1, but I have compiled everyones' info together with Vitalady's and that is what I came up with.

I would rather be proactive than wait for any issues to knock me on my ass.

You rock.

You and a lot of others have been hella supportive of me throughout this whole revision journey.

That means a lot to me.

Thank you so much.

Teena Adler

(deactivated member)
on 9/18/09 1:25 pm - San Jose, CA
Well, I'm guessing there is some sort of OH glitch -- you replied to my post above, and all I can see is what is in my inbox:

Teena A.'s reply was:
 Diana,
Thank you for posting.
I  have my own opinions and no compunctions about sharing them either when it comes to my body, my life, and my choices.
Yes, I have had...

I clicked to view and reply, but all I see is your avatar and part of your siggie box, and when I click reply, I get the above, which is your response to someone else's post.

So I have no idea what you said to me.  I presume you didn't change your mind and delete it, because it doesn't say post deleted.
Teena A.
on 9/18/09 1:37 pm - Mesquite, TX
Not deleted.

OH glitch.

Teena Adler

smileyjamie72
on 9/16/09 7:03 am - Palmer, AK
Glad to hear things went well, and BOTTOM LINE.............  You are HAPPY
(Sorry I could not get on here sooner.... been CRAZY for me!!)

Take Care!!!!  I am hoping soon, I hear something.
-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

Teena A.
on 9/16/09 8:56 am - Mesquite, TX
Jamie,

I am sorry that things have been going crazy for you lately.

I hope they have not been to crazy and subside soon.

Yeah.. I am hella happy.

I think people lose sight of what is important and that is that they are happy with their decision.

No one else can make my decision about what I am going to do, but me.

I love it when people are helpful and answer questions and bring up valid view points, but when people attempt to force things on people I think it gets to be a bit much.

It is real easy for people to tell people what they should do, but the ones telling you what to do don't have to live with the decision that was made.

On this board I see a lot of that going on.

I am on pins and needles waiting to see what my ins, yours, and Stormy's is going to say.

I am praying for us all.

I hope you have an absolutely fabulous night.

Teena Adler

Most Active