Consultation w/ Dr. David Provost at 3:45 pm today

Teena A.
on 9/14/09 11:45 pm - Mesquite, TX
I am sitting here home trying to wait for the traffic to die down on I-30 so I go downtown to Baylor University Medical Center to get my Upper GI film and report for my consultation with Dr. David Provost today.

I should have gone and picked it up yesterday, but with all of this rain going on my arthritis has had me in bad shape pain wise.

I will go and get them in a few hours and then make my way on out to Denton for my appt.

Even though my appt is at 3:45 pm I would rather be early then be late as I have paperwork to complete at his office.

I have all my questions together and they have been uploaded to my iPhone's note section so I will have all of my information in plain view.

I have tons of information regarding the complications with a Distal RNY and DS, the info that has been created regarding  revisions for failed gastric bypass, information regarding the vitamin supplements that will need to be taken post op, statistics of success rates of DS vs RNY, etc.

I have all of my ducks in a row and I cannot wait to see what he says my options are revision wise considering the length of my short limb.

I will be sure to come back and update you all when I get back home.

I hope you all have an absolutely fabulous Tuesday.

Be kind to yourselves and one another.
Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

emjayel56
on 9/15/09 1:14 am - Boynton Beach,, FL
Good luck Teena, I will look for your update later
Medley411
on 9/15/09 4:13 am
I will be looking too.  You have such an upbeat attitude, that goes so far in life.  Best of luck!  GO GET EM!

Teena A.
on 9/15/09 11:32 am - Mesquite, TX
Thank you all for your support.

Please go here for an update.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/4022900/Teena-A-Update/
Teena Adler

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

Vivian Prouty
on 9/15/09 10:26 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Congratulations Teena.....so glad that you got the answers that you needed and that you have confidence in this surgeon.   I know he is a "good one" since Paul from Dallas recommended him to you.   Paul is a very wise man.   Good luck to you sweetie.   I will keep you in my prayers that you will have a very quick approval for this revision and that you will be so very successful !!!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Teena A.
on 9/16/09 6:15 am - Mesquite, TX
Vivian,

I am also happy that Paul reminded me of Dr. provost as well .

Dr. David Provost was actually going to be the one I was going to use in 2002 for original surgery, but waiting list was to long so I went with someone else.

Bad move, but what is done is done and I cannot change it so nothing to do, but move on.

I am patiently waiting for insurance to switch over my insurance since the other surgeon has stated to insurance that he referred me to Dr. Provost.

I would think with that being said and his attempt at doing the surgery Sept 2nd it should be a no brainer.

I will update you all when it is approved and I have a surgery date.

I will be a sucess with my revision as I was with my original surgery I have no doubt as giving up or failure is not in my vocabulary nor is it in my mindset.

I hope you are having an absolutely fabulous Wednesday.

Thank you again for all of your support.

Teena Adler

Most Active