ERny

travis1985
on 9/21/09 1:24 am - TX
On September 18, 2009 at 1:45 PM Pacific Time, JROLFSON wrote:

Hi Travis:

Depending on the Dr. some call it Distal some ERNY but usually Distal is considered about 150 cc...

If you do have a high BMI I have my doubts as to whether or not you could lose all the weight you desire with that modest of a shortened common channel....

Again, your surgeon should be able to give you that answer maybe better than us...

Janie

is 150 ccs considered short?

or is the traditional 75 CCs ....i am a little confused
JROLFSON
on 9/22/09 12:12 am - St. George, UT
Actually Travis....150 cc is considered a modest length the 75 cc is a more aggressive length...

150 might be the length a Surgeon would go if a patient didn't have much to lose...whereas one who needs to lose 100+ lbs a surgeon would probably go more aggressive to 75cc...

Janie
Teena A.
on 9/11/09 4:18 am - Mesquite, TX
Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

travis1985
on 9/11/09 5:08 am - TX

thanks to all
Glenn M.
on 9/18/09 5:28 am - Addison, TX
I just want a clear understanding.  If I elect to get an ERNY the doctor will not shrink my pouch?  And if it is readjusted it will be considered a DS instead?
JROLFSON
on 9/18/09 6:49 am, edited 9/18/09 7:09 am - St. George, UT
No Glenn an ERNY is dealing only with shortening the common channel...

But some Dr.s along with giving an ERNY do re-size or adjust the pouch, I haven't found that to be the norm...most Dr.s just don't want the complications and high leak risk...

If you were to go to a DS...The Dr. would need to shorten your common channel then take down your old rny pouch, transect your stomach and I believe a few more things...To get you to a DS very technical, very difficult, very high risk...but very worth it, if you have a lot of weight to lose!

Hope this helps...

Janie
travis1985
on 9/18/09 7:19 am - TX

one quick thing, i might have confused some of you...i did a search on erny, and it took me to the revision board.

i am actually not a revision, i am planning to have a distal RNY in Jan.

thank you all! 
Deanne K.
on 9/18/09 10:21 am - Tucson, AZ
There are some virgin ERNY's out there but the majority of us are revision.

Deanne
JROLFSON
on 9/21/09 12:33 am - St. George, UT
That's a good thing Travis...As getting that additional malabsorption from the beginning will help you that much more not just with losing the weight but maintenance...

Good Luck...wish I could have gone that route in the beginning and I might not have had to have a ERNY as a third surgery...

Janie
travis1985
on 9/21/09 1:22 am - TX
On September 21, 2009 at 7:33 AM Pacific Time, JROLFSON wrote:
That's a good thing Travis...As getting that additional malabsorption from the beginning will help you that much more not just with losing the weight but maintenance...

Good Luck...wish I could have gone that route in the beginning and I might not have had to have a ERNY as a third surgery...

Janie

thanks for the words of support....i am starting my liquid diet for # months on thurs....that scares the *&(*& outta me....but i will do it
Most Active