ERny

travis1985
on 9/10/09 1:15 am - TX
hello, i am just at the begining of everything, but trying to learn all i can.

would someone be kind enough to explain to me what an ERny is?

many thanks!
Teena A.
on 9/10/09 2:07 am, edited 9/10/09 2:25 am - Mesquite, TX
Where is Joyce and Janie when you need them?

They both had it done and could be more helpful to you, but here goes a little info in the meantime.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/3990691/Dr-Nick-Nicholson-Proximal-to-Distal-Revision/#32295789

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/3998012/Anyone-lo sing-with-Distal-RNY-Revision/#32348948

You will need to confirm this info with the surgeon you choose as every surgeon makes the common channel a different length than others.

ERNY is also sometimes known as a distal gastric bypass

Gastric bypass, Roux en-Y (distal)

The normal small bowel is 600 to 1000 cm (20 to 33 feet) in length. As the Y-connection is moved farther down the Gastrointestinal tract, the amount of bowel capable of fully absorbing nutrients is progressively reduced, in pursuit of greater effectiveness of the operation. The Y-connection is formed much closer to the lower (distal) end of the small bowel, usually 100 to 150 cm (40 to 60 inches) from the lower end of the bowel, causing reduced absorption (mal-absorption) of food, primarily of fats and starches, but also of various minerals, and the fat-soluble vitamins. The unabsorbed fats and starches pass into the large intestine, where bacterial actions may act on them to produce irritants and malodorous gases. These increasing nutritional effects are traded for a relatively modest increase in total weight loss.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

shele
on 9/10/09 5:02 am

Hi, I had mine done 3-23-09. So far I am happy with it overall. My loss is slow,. but I am losing.

Feel free to ask me anything you like!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

wings
on 9/11/09 12:47 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Dear Shelle
Dr. M does DS also.  What made your decision to have ERNY?  I was going to have revsion from lap band to DS with him but my insurance decided to exclude WLS and we moved to Florida so now I am looking into other options with different insurance.  PM me anytime I would love to hear about your ERNY experience.
Thanks Carla
Deanne K.
on 9/10/09 6:20 am - Tucson, AZ
If you google Extended roux en y  under google images, you will get pictures that can help you see what they do.  You will also find some explanations on what they do.  You do need to do all your homework regarding the differences between all the surgeries and the in's and out's of complications and risks and research all your Dr. options.

Deanne
mew6495
on 9/11/09 8:49 am - MI
On September 10, 2009 at 1:20 PM Pacific Time, Deanne K. wrote:
If you google Extended roux en y  under google images, you will get pictures that can help you see what they do.  You will also find some explanations on what they do.  You do need to do all your homework regarding the differences between all the surgeries and the in's and out's of complications and risks and research all your Dr. options.

Deanne
 Hey Deanne!  Love your new look!  It suites you.  How have you been?

Deanne K.
on 9/12/09 1:39 pm - Tucson, AZ

I am doing great.  Dr. Schlesinger said that I didn't need to lose any more weight, but I would still like to lose 20 more pounds.  I don't think i want to lose any more than that.  I don't want to become underweight.  All vitamin are finally all in the good range and I am feeling better.

Thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate it.

Deanne

mew6495
on 9/13/09 12:28 am - MI
On September 12, 2009 at 8:39 PM Pacific Time, Deanne K. wrote:

I am doing great.  Dr. Schlesinger said that I didn't need to lose any more weight, but I would still like to lose 20 more pounds.  I don't think i want to lose any more than that.  I don't want to become underweight.  All vitamin are finally all in the good range and I am feeling better.

Thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate it.

Deanne

AWESOME news with the vitamin levels.  Good JOB!  Yeah, sometimes our personal goals can very with what our doctors think it should be....  When you get down to the last few pounds...they can definitely be the most troublesome to shed.  Glad you are feeling better.

JROLFSON
on 9/18/09 6:42 am, edited 9/18/09 6:42 am - St. George, UT
Good Gracious Deanne:

You are looking Spiffy!...So thin in your picture...I'm jealous!  Maybe I'll get there too...

Janie
Deanne K.
on 9/18/09 10:17 am - Tucson, AZ
Janie,
You will get there.  New hairdo and color make all the difference.  Also, I have hit Dr. Schlesinger's goal for me, but I haven't hit mine.  At this point it's all gravy in my opinion.  20 lbs more to get to where I want to be.  It has taken me a year to get to this point.  It is slow and steady.  Keep up the hard work.

Thanks for the compliment.
Deanne
Most Active