Stomaphyx

Michele W.
on 9/8/09 7:54 am - St. Clair, MI
I had VBG in the 90s, then DS this past March. For the last 6 months, I have been dealing with a gastric leak that just won't heal, despite 6 fibrin sealants, and stents. My doctor wants to do surgery again, but then he thought maybe we could try the Stomaphyx. Who has had this and what was your experience?

Thank you.
margaritac
on 9/9/09 2:25 pm - chula vista, CA
I had Gastric Bypass in July 2004 and lost 135 pounds (from 265 to 130 lbs).  In 2007 I had Stomaphyx because I had put on 50lbs, and it did not work, at all.  I'm currently researching for procedures to fix my gastric bypass, because I'm desperate to lose the weight.  I wish you luck! 

MC

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/09 4:07 am - San Diego, CA
I have not seen any positive results with the Stomaphyx, unfortunately.  I had a BOB (lapband-over-bypass) revision on 5/28/09 and have lost 41 lbs of the 50 I had gained.  THAT is success.  You might be a great candidate for a BOB revision surgery!!  Good luck, Michele. :)
Michele W.
on 9/11/09 4:19 am - St. Clair, MI
I guess I should clarify:

I don't need to StomaphyX the entire stomach to lose more weight. My doctor wants to just do the section where my leak is in order to close it.
jonathan R.
on 9/15/09 9:51 am - east meadow, ny
 The stomaphyx is a scam that does not work.  Look into the ROSE procedure.  My doctor has closed fistulas with the ROSE procedure.  Dr. Shawn Garber in NY.
Michele W.
on 9/15/09 11:44 am - St. Clair, MI
I just checked into Dr. Garber and he apparently does both procedures. If it's a "scam" then why does he do it?
Most Active