i had to have a emergency blood transfusion last week!

mskay
on 9/8/09 3:05 am - chicago, IL

I had the bypass in 2000 and i was seeking a revision but after looking for a year and being turned down because i only have a state medical card. i gave up.so after finding out my iron intake is not absorbing correctly in my stomach and my blood level was a four and should be a twelve. i could have lost my life easily. i dont know how long this has been going on is scary. i have fibrods and a sliding hernia. now it's medically neccessary for me to have the revision because my iron intake will never be right without this surgery.even if i got medication for the hernia and the fibrods it still wouldnt help.if anyone have any sugesstions lets me know. im going to be discourage all over again looking for a surgeon.

Teena A.
on 9/8/09 3:11 am, edited 9/8/09 3:29 am - Mesquite, TX
Mskay,

I am sorry to hear that you are going through this.

I will keep  you in my prayers.

Have you tried to contact the state department of assistive and rehabilitation services where you live?

I am not sure what your ins situation is, but based on the fact that you did not mention going to a doctor to monitor labs and that you mentioned a state card I assuming you have no ins.

Is your state card like medicaid or medicare?

Your state department of assistive and rehabilitation services should have some program to assist you.

I know this is a scary experience, but you will get through this.

Good luck !

See the list of resources below.

I hope this helps.

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/IL/3461375/MEDICAID-AND-MEDICARE- SURGEONS-LIST/

www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx

www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

mskay
on 9/9/09 3:41 pm - chicago, IL
thank you!
Teena A.
on 9/9/09 11:23 pm - Mesquite, TX
You are very welcome.

I hope you get this issue resolved.

I will keep you in my prayers

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

Bergej82
on 9/8/09 11:59 am - Vadnais Heights, MN

Bring your paperwork and information with you so that they know this is a medically necessary procedure...don't give up...take it a day at a time and keep your head up...

~Jodi 

Most Active