HELP - Questions To Ask During My Follow-Up Appt Tomorrow

Teena A.
on 9/8/09 10:57 am, edited 9/8/09 11:08 am - Mesquite, TX
Jeanna,

Another great idea and no I had not thought of it.

I was still going to do my second opinion consultation so I had already signed medical release forms for Dr. Provost office to receive records from my surgeon and the hospital.

You make a valid point that it would be good to have them for myself.

Thank you very much for your continued support.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

JustLookingToo
on 9/8/09 11:50 am, edited 9/8/09 11:51 am - AL
 Teena,

Great questions. I did not realize that you had a fistula. You might want to ask him how your insurance is going to react to a second surgery if he did indeed correct your fistula in the first surgery, but did not do any other revision. If the insurance approval for revision was based on the repair of the fistula, will they cover the second surgery to finish your revision if he already fixed the fistula? I sure hope so...
Teena A.
on 9/8/09 12:33 pm - Mesquite, TX
Stormy,

Great point.

Another reason why I was so upset.

My revision was only approved because of my mechanical failure so if he repaired that the revision cannot be done with anyone else, but him at this point.

We all know that there is a way that billing can be done to make it the way it needs to be made to look like with any doctor.

Considering I only signed for the surgery I signed for and it was not done I highly doubt he did anything to me, but I have to ask.

My issue is that I don't know and won't know anything until tomorrow.

Teena Adler

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

Bergej82
on 9/8/09 11:51 am - Vadnais Heights, MN
Maybe I'm too bold but I would ask what type of compensation you will be receiving...I'm guessing he's still charging your insurance and you still have out of pocket expenses that insurance may not cover (co-pays, time off of work, etc). Does any of the paperwork you had to sign paperwork at the hospital state what happens if they couldn't proceed? If you don't ask you don't get...

I'd also ask if this has happened before and if it was handle in the same/similar manner. What direction did they go and what were the results? 

Informed consent...you consented to have a specific procedure and they medically discharged you from the hospital without taking the time to let you know what happened while you were under...doesn't seem ethical to me at all!

My thoughts are with you! 

Good Luck! 
~Jodi 

Teena A.
on 9/8/09 12:47 pm - Mesquite, TX
Jodi,

You have a valid point and not too bold at all.

Like everything else though I have no way of knowing anything that happened until I speak to him tomorrow.

I appreciate you adding food for thought though.

Teena Adler

Teena A.
on 9/8/09 12:55 pm, edited 9/8/09 12:55 pm - Mesquite, TX
I love  and appreciate you all so much.

You guys totally rock and are so supportive.

I just wished you all lived here so I could thank you all in person for all the support you give me daily

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

I got this tomorrow...because of you all.
Teena Adler

JRinAZ
on 9/9/09 8:46 am - Layton, UT
Teena!

Bouquet

Ditto to all the positive things said!  Hopefully we'll be cheering you on for a real revision with a real deal surgeon!!!

Hugs And Kisses
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Teena A.
on 9/9/09 10:21 am - Mesquite, TX
Amen to that.

Thank you all.

Teena Adler

Most Active