I Hope Everyone Is Having An Absolutely Fabulous Labor Day Weekend

Teena A.
on 9/6/09 8:53 am, edited 9/6/09 3:53 pm - Mesquite, TX

Hello all of my Gorgeous and Handsome Obesity Help family.

To those of you who are waiting patiently for your revision date I pray that your surgery is uneventful.

I hope all of you that are recovering from your revisions are getting better daily and that your recovery is right on target and you are feeling no pain and are walking and caring on well.

To both groups I hope that you are surrounded by lots of family and friends who are there to love, support, and wrap their arms around you as you go through your journey.

I LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL !!!!

Now that I am over the hella major disappointment of not having my Gastric bypass repair and revision surgery on September 2, 2009 due to my anatomy I
am patiently waiting to see my surgeon Dr. Nick Nicholson on September 9, 2009 at 3:30 pm to thoroughly discuss what happened when he went inside me on surgery day and what his plan is going forward.

Since I never got a chance to speak with him after surgery I do not know specifics as he only spoke with my mother and she is not skilled at all in the WLS world to know what she should have asked him in a situation like this.

He did let her know that the reason he did not continue with what we had discussed and agreed upon which was the revision from Gastric bypass proximal to distal is because the surgeon who performed my original Gastric Bypass had connected my intestines differently than Dr. Nick Nicholson had expected them to be on the inside. He told my mom that I did not have as much large intestines as he thought I would and if he would have proceeded with the revision to distal I would basically have had nothing, but severe medical issues for the rest of my life because of the revision.

I am somewhat freaked out by that statement, but there is nothing that can be done until I see him on September 9, 2009 to discuss my options with him.

Does this mean that my anatomy on the inside is not what I signed for on the original surgical consent forms?

Was some other type of surgery done on me originally instead of the Gastric Bypass Proximal?

I have all of these questions in my head and no answers.

I was freaked out for a while, but today is offically the day that I finally decided that being freaked out gets nothing resolved and to let it go. I have decided to take this time until Wednesday to do research on the bob (band over bypass) and DS.

I am really not crazy about either option because I had my heart set on ERNY, but the more information I have when I go into his office on Wednesday the better so I am not sidetracked once again.

This time I am actually gonna bring my lap top with me.

I do however know that any procedures like the Rose or Stomaphx are not even options I am open to consider as the success rate is not good.

I know people keep telling me that they understand how devastating this all feels, but no one knows because they are not me.

I appreciate the sentiment though.

I have no idea what my options are that I have available to me now because of what my original WLS did to me on the inside.

That really has me still upset a little.

WTF does my insides look like?

In the off chance that he is out of options I have also started researching another surgeon that I am very familiar with named Dr. David Provost.

He was actually my first choice in 2002, but his waiting list was like a year or longer. Knowing what I know now about how my first surgery was done anatomy wise I guess I got what I paid for and was willing to wait for. I could just kick myself now, but what is done is done.

I have to go on and move forward and never look back because I cannot change what has happened already.

I have already signed up for Dr. David Provost seminar and signed and faxed the medical records paper work and now I’m waiting to get a consultation scheduled.

I have all the faith in the world in Dr. Nick Nicholson, but if it comes down to it and he says that he feels that my only option due to my anatomy would be band over bypass I feel I have every right to get a second opinion at that point.

I do not want to have to ever go back under the knife again for a revision so I want to be sure that this revision is done right in order to maximize my weight loss.

I understand I may upset Dr. Nick Nicholson with getting a second opinion, but it is my body and my life and it is not something that I have or will ever take lightly.

I feel very good about the fact that I am exploring all of my options instead of just being solely focused on only one option.

I just have to wait til September 9, 2009 3:30 pm to see what is in store for me.

I will update more when I have my follow up appointment.

Thank you all for being hella understanding and very supportive.

I appreciate all of the love, motivation, and support that you give me.

Have an absolutely fabulous labor day weekend and be kind to one another.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

Most Active