1 week post op RNY to RNY

Farrah W
on 9/5/09 12:33 pm - Tallahassee, FL
Had my revision from an RNY to an RNY due to an ulcer that wouldn't heal on 8/28. This was an open procedure and was in the hospital for 6 days. initially, my RNY was lap. I was on paid meds on and off for about 7 days and was fine. Now I watch the cloc****il it's time to take more diluadid. He said the surgery wasn't very complicated and everythng looked to be good (other than the ulcer, part of pouch and part of intestine he cut out and reformed). Why the heck is this so much more painful? I'm still on full liquids so I know i'm not pushing my eating. Anyone have something similar? Is it because the last time i had surgery was 4 years ago and I just don't remember? Or is it that i'm just a wuss?! I'll call my surgeon on Monday - maybe need new pain meds?

Ugh, just looking to see if there's someone else that has gone through this before.

Please spay and neuter your pets!
emjayel56
on 9/5/09 11:24 pm - Boynton Beach,, FL
I havent experienced your exact revision but I was revised 6 days ago from a band to RNY.  I am doing okay, not much pain at this point.  I suspect  the extra discomfort you are feeling is from the open inscission.  It's a big difference beween laparascopic and open.  I was fortunate in that they did mine laparascopically even though they suspected that they wouldnt be able to.  Hang in there. it will get better.
maryjo
coachmnowak
on 9/6/09 9:26 am
i had my revision from rny to  rny on 8/17...

i think the amount of pain has to do with the amount of scar tissue and other issues during surgery... i had a ventaral and a umbillical hernia fixed along with the revision...  tomorow is week 3 and i am still hurting pretty good.

What pain meds are you taking?   my Lortab does little for me... i have had it filled 3 times already and planning to get it filled again.

My problem is right now is to be patient... i was on pure liquads for 3 weeks before surgery and am tired of them...  On the 9th i start the liquads to soft solids...

any recipe ideas?
A journey toward something is also a journey away from something.
Whatever we give our mental attention to in our lives will increase in our lives.
If you want to sleep later go to bed earlier.

Farrah W
on 9/6/09 12:20 pm - Tallahassee, FL
They had me on lortabs and i told them i wanted something else. They gave me diluadid and that's what I've been using since Thursday (The morning i went home). It's not cutting it.

Mine had no other complications or fixing said the surgeon. My dr didn't require a liquid diet but I put myself on 1 the day prior. He also didn't require a bowel prep but I did one anyway. He told me to stay on full liquids for 3 weeks after surger which is fine becuase unlike the first time, I'm not hungry.

I'll cal the dr Tuesday (just remembered tomorrow is Labor Day)

Please spay and neuter your pets!
emjayel56
on 9/6/09 9:35 am - Boynton Beach,, FL
They gave me Loritabs as well.  It had zero effect, I was better off with tylenol.  I have stopped taking pain meds as of Thursday.  If I need anything I do the tylenol.  I'm okay with that.

I did two weeks of liquid before and it's two weeks of liquid after.  I expect to transition to pureed food a week from tomorrow.

All the best to you.
maryjo
Most Active