Band to Sleeve complications this week!!!

Jessica K
on 9/4/09 12:04 pm - NY
So i went for  my sleeve on tuesday.........I was feeling great, walkin around, then went for my uper GI. Apparently there was nothing flowing. So the dr freaked out and brought me to surgery that night to cut out some scar tissue. The next day i had another upper GI......and it was worse than the day before. My dr had never done a lap to sleeve at the same time before, and that didnt scare he, cause i think he is an AWESOME SURGEON. So after the 2nd surgery, i thought i was dying, and i would have liked to die. The dr got on teh phone with a bunch of other surgeons, and aparently, i have a stricture where the band was, and if it doesnt repair itself, ill have to have it diolated at later date. Im finally home after being in the hospital for 4 LOOOOOOOONG days. Have my pain meds, and feeling ok. Just wondering if anyone else had these kind of issues.  Would love to hear.
susang
on 9/6/09 12:47 am - CA
Just wanted to wish you well...what an experience. Praying that you are on the mend...sue
JustLookingToo
on 9/6/09 11:47 am - AL
 Wow...Sorry about the complications. Sounds like your surgeon is on top of things, though. Hopefully, you will be on the mend now. Best wishes!
Jessica K
on 9/6/09 11:56 am - NY
I am feeling a lot better now that I am home, and dont have that drainage tude stuck in my abdomin anymore. 
Now im just freaking out about the bill im going to have to pay to the surgery center for my complications and extra days in teh hospital.
Most Active