I am officially revised!! 6 days postop

emjayel56
on 9/5/09 11:29 pm - Boynton Beach,, FL
Hi everyone,
Well i had my surgery last monday 8/31.  They revised me from a lapband to RNY and were able to do it laparascopically.  I am told the surgery went well.  I was in the hospital until Friday.  The first day or two was very uncomfortable but I have been coping since then.  I am up and around (went out walking yesterday), drinking my protein shakes and doing what i'm supposed to be doing. Still have one drain in me that's uncomfortable but hopefully that will be out on tuesday and I'm sure i'll feel better than.  good luck to you all in your individual goals and journey.  Have a great day.  Maryjo
Satinysilke
on 9/6/09 3:00 am - CA
Hi emjayel56,

Hope you are doing well now! Let's keep in touch.  I had my surgery and it went great!   Tying to keep up with liquid intake is kind of taxing but I do the best that I can.

Renee

Band to RNY 9/1/09

emjayel56
on 9/6/09 3:03 am - Boynton Beach,, FL
Hi Renee,
Glad to hear your revision went well.  I know what you mean about getting the liquid in.  I feel like i am drinking nonstop morning til night and still cant get all the liquid in.  I do okay with the protein though.  Speedy recovery to you and yes let's keep in touch.  Maryjo
Teena A.
on 9/6/09 10:16 am - Mesquite, TX
I am so happy that both you and Renee are doing well.

I remember how hard it was the first time around it was to get the liquids in.

It is hard, but I know that you two can and will do it.

You will do it cause you know what is at stake if you don't and you two have your eyes on the prize and there is nowhere else to go, but towards your prize.

I hope you both recovering well.

I will keep you both in my prayers.

Take care.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

pokerchips
on 9/6/09 8:12 am
Here's wishing you a smooth adjustment and speedy uneventful recovery.

Change is a Process Not an Event

mrwindt
on 9/6/09 11:27 pm - Stratford, CT
Congratulations. I am scheduled for the same procedure on 9/22 - so will be following your progress and challenges! Good luck.
Mary
emjayel56
on 9/6/09 11:36 pm - Boynton Beach,, FL
Hi Mary,
Thanks for your good wishes; all the best to you.  So far all has been good; the most annoying part is the drain which should come out tomorow.  Email me if you have any specific questions. Good luck to you.
Maryjo
juliewilk
on 9/7/09 5:38 am - Novi, MI
Hi MaryJo- glad all went well - I will be joining you with a revision scheduled for 9/28.  Best of luck.  I look forward to your postings (as well as other band to RNYer's)
JulieW
MIchigan
Nicole_2006
on 9/8/09 11:06 am - Arlington, VA
Mary jo, I am glad it went well.

I am scheduled for my revision on October 5th. My doctor will allow me to pay month on the revision portion with no int. since cigna did not cover revision piece.

To all the rest, congrats and best of luck.

Nicole
sdikeman
on 9/9/09 6:26 am
Everyone - keep posting! I am due to schedule my band to RNY in about a week when I meet the surgeon. I've done everything else! info meeting, nutritionist, psyh elav., intake nurse appt., support meeting, - just need to have final meeting with surgeon and they will schedule my surgery and then hope and pray all goes well with my insurance. It's nice to hear from others doing the same thing as I am! Thanks.
Most Active