Revision w/ Dr. David Provost.

Teena A.
on 9/4/09 4:52 am, edited 9/6/09 3:51 pm - Mesquite, TX
Please only respond to this post if you have had a revision w/ Dr. David Provost.

Please let me know what type of revision you had and how much weight you lost and if you made it to your goal weight?

Thank you in advance.
Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

salgoud42
on 9/4/09 6:00 am - garland, TX
I had revision surgery with Dr. Provost on 07/06/09.  As of last week, I am down 66 lbs.  I went from a Laproscopic Nissen to a DS.  I attempted to have a gastric bypass done by Dr Nick Nicholson Aug '08.  I ended up with an abcess on my liver.  I stayed in the hospital for 5 weeks.  

I am having a hard time finding foods to keep down.  I will wait an hour after eating, and attempt to drink something and up it comes.   I am not doing well emotionally.  Apparently, when you store fat, you also store hormones, too.  When you are losing weight rapidly, those hormones are released.  I have been on an emotional roller coaster.  I have 111 lbs to go.
chunkymonkey123
on 6/27/13 12:39 am

I have scheduled my first appointment for a consultation with Dr. Provost next month.  I would love to hear how you are doing now.  If you have a moment, can you update and let us know how you are feeling and if you obtained your weight loss goal?

Many thanks in advance,

CM

Teena A.
on 9/5/09 1:23 am - Mesquite, TX
Salgoud42,

Thank you very much for your response.

This is too weird that you had the same surgeon that I had Dr. Nick Nicholson.

Sorry you ended up with an abcess on your liver and was in the hospital for 5 weeks.

I wonder if your chronic heartburn is what is causing you these issues still.

I hope that you will be able to find foods that you can keep down.

What has Dr. Provost said about all of your issues with food?

I know this sounds weird, but have you seen a therapist so you can talk about what you are going through?

I hope things are resolved for you.

I wish you well with your weight loss.

I would love to talk to you if you have time.

I sent you my phone number so check your email when you can.

Thank you in advance.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

Most Active