Home from Band removal and revision to RNY

Satinysilke
on 9/3/09 10:49 am, edited 9/3/09 1:01 pm - CA

I just wanted to let everyone know that my surgery was a success. I am home now and have no pain (I cant believe it myself)  I just have a lot of swelling due to the bags of iv fluids.  I'm going to talke it easy even though I'm not in pain.  Thanks to everyone for all of your prayers and kind, thoughtful words.

Renee

~ Satinysilke~
RNY 9/1/09

Linda .
on 9/3/09 11:34 am - Gilroy, CA
Congrats, Renee.  Glad to see you are doing well.

Linda
marcie K.
on 9/3/09 12:11 pm - Sahuarita, AZ
Glad to hear that everything went well and you are in no pain.  Keep us updated please:)  I may follow in your shoes and would love to know all the details.
Satinysilke
on 9/3/09 1:06 pm - CA
Thank you all !   Everyone has been so helpful. If you have any questions just ask and I will try my best to answer when I get back on.

Renee
peggy1011
on 9/4/09 2:06 am - Whitesboro, NY
Revision on 09/08/09 with

Renee,
Awesome news...am so happy to hear everything went well.  I'm scheduled for the same procedure this coming tuesday, 9/8, and I hope I have the same results. 
I remember after my band, i wasnt feeling so good, had a LOT of pain, so your post has given me new hope that this may be completely different. 
Best wishes for an ongoing speedy recovery

Peggy

Satinysilke
on 9/4/09 4:09 am - CA
Peggy,

I know that you will do well. I had a lot of pain after band surgery and thought that since RNY was more invloved, that I would naturally produce more pain.  If I had known that it would be this easy and had found my surgeon earlier I would have done it a long time ago. Let's keep in touch. 

I cant wait to see a loss, but so far I'm still full of iv juice.  lol    I guess that will go away with time.

Renee
Teena A.
on 9/6/09 9:40 am - Mesquite, TX
I am glad to hear that all went well and that you are home recovering?

How are you feeling today?

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

Satinysilke
on 9/7/09 10:00 am - CA
I am feeling great so far thank you!  I have been out and about shopping and doing things.  I'm tyring to find ways to get in more fluids. 

Thanks for asking Teena and I hope that you get all the answers that you need when you go to your appointment.   Keep in touch.

Renee
~ Satinysilke~
RNY 9/1/09

mrwindt
on 9/6/09 11:26 pm - Stratford, CT
Congratulations. I am scheduled for the same procedure on 9/22 - so will be following your progress and challenges! Good luck.
Mary
GayleTx
on 9/11/09 7:20 am - northeast, TX
I had a band to RNY revision last Thursday.....still very swollen but pain is somewhat better this afternoon. I'm still not sure I did the right thing.....buyer's remorse is common at this stage, I'm quite sure.......but not much I can do now except work the program and do all I can do to  be as successful with it as I was with the band for the first couple of years.  I will not give up the health and life that I regained during that time.   I've kept off most of the 160 lbs I lost and I need to lose another 40-50 and keep it off. 

The doctor said for me to plan on a tummy tuck next summer but the way I feel right now  anybody with a knife in their hand would have to catch me first!!! 

Most Active