RNY to ??

lithiastar
on 9/2/09 8:59 am
Hello,
I am looking for information/thoughts about revisions. I was thinking of something like the ROSE or band. I would like to avoid being cut open again. However I still have a LOT to lose so perhaps I should look at other choices.

I was 411 when I had my surgery. I got down to 178 and then shot back up to 230. *sigh* I feel as if I have failed. I have tried to diet. I have tried the 5 day pouch test. I have tried pretty much everything. However I still stay stuck...

Any suggestions?
strawberry28
on 9/2/09 11:51 am - somewhere, MD
DS

Check the DS board
smileyjamie72
on 9/3/09 7:19 am - Palmer, AK
I was just wondering what kind of WLS did you have?

RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH!!!!!
My suggestions is also the DS.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/a,messageboard/

-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/09 7:56 am - AZ
On September 3, 2009 at 2:19 PM Pacific Time, smileyjamie72 wrote:
I was just wondering what kind of WLS did you have?

RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH!!!!!
My suggestions is also the DS.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/a,messageboard/

-Jamie
She has RNY (see title of thread)

DS is what I would shoot for.

lithiastar
on 9/3/09 9:53 am
Yes I had RNY. I have gotten to the point that I can not stand to eat meat. All the protein I get comes from shakes/mixes. I have IC so many of the foods that I ate at one time is now a no no. *sigh* It is a bit of a conundrum. Thank you all for your suggestions. Has any of you had revisions? I called my insurance today and they said it would be covered if it is medically necessary. I think the only thing they cover is RNY to DS. I was hoping to not be cut open again. My mother has had a horrid time with wound infections and it is a bit scary.
Kathy H.
on 9/5/09 10:52 am - Kent, WA
I think you'll find most folks posting here are revisions of one type or another.

:)

I'm a revision from a VBG (an old stomach stapling) to a DS. I am VERY happy with my decision. Yeah, it was a drag being cut open, again. But I will tell you that it was about a month of "yuck" and now I'm 87 pounds down!! It was *so* worth it, though recovery was difficult... I will not lie to you.

In retrospect, it was a short time of suffering. And I am FREE of that freaking pouch!! Whoo-Hooo!! I am enjoying an almost *normal* style of eating. I eat meat, now, without fear of it getting stuck... can have my shrimp dipped in butter and not feel guilty about it. I find it easy to get my protein in. It's not perfect (I'd kill for a big, fluffy dinner roll, and a big bowl of ice cream), but  I do NOT feel deprived like I used to!

The best of luck to you, regardless of what you decide

xoxo

Kathy
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered the Duodenal Switch? Information is power.

Most Active