HELLA ANGRY - SORT OF HAD SURGERY

Kathy H.
on 9/5/09 10:59 am - Kent, WA
I'm so sorry, Teena. I hope you're able to get your questions answered on the 9th, and that there is a solution that will be satisfactory to you.

All the best-

Kathy
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered the Duodenal Switch? Information is power.

Teena A.
on 9/5/09 11:04 am - Mesquite, TX
Kathy,

Thank you very much and I hope all of my questions will be answered on the 9th as well.

I appreciate your concern.

Thx.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

mrdoores
on 9/5/09 11:23 am - Waldorf, MD
Teena,
I am so sorry for your outcome on your surgery.  Take some time and get yourself together physically and mentally. Write all of your questions down so you don't forget anything to ask on  your appointment.  Keep your notes handy so everytime you think of something else, you can write it down.  You already know some of what to do, research what you do remember that he told you.  Also try to think positive,that you had a doctor who went in and had your best intrest at heart.  Not just to do something that could make your life miserable (sp) forever.  Your have my prayers for some answers and that you will be OK.
A new friend
Marianna
Teena A.
on 9/5/09 11:27 am - Mesquite, TX
Marianna,

Thank you in advance for your kind words and your advice.

I will take all of what you had to say to heart.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Teena Adler

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

JustLookingToo
on 9/6/09 11:18 am - AL
Wow...Sorry Teena. I've read of other's who have gone in for revisions and awaken to find that they did not get the surgery that they were supposed to get. It's scary, considering that I'm also seeking a revision. Hopefully, he did not do anything at all once he was in there and wants to discuss a plan to deal with all of this before he does your revision. I sure hope things work out well for you.  
Teena A.
on 9/6/09 4:03 pm - Mesquite, TX
Thank you once again for your support and your response.

I am at least glad that he did not do something else that we discussed.

It is my understanding that unless you knew in advance and this options were  discussed and put in writing that they could not proceed.

That was one of the reasons my mom said he did not proceed with just giving me band over bypass why I was knocked out on the table.

Though I was angry at first looking back now I thank God he did not do it before discussing my options with me.

Take care and once again thanks for your support.

Teena Adler

Bergej82
on 9/7/09 9:12 am - Vadnais Heights, MN
Best of luck on Wednesday...my thoughts are with you! Keep us posted.
~Jodi 

Teena A.
on 9/7/09 9:16 am, edited 9/7/09 9:16 am - Mesquite, TX
Jodi,

Thank you very much I am working on my questions right now as I type.

Congrats on your weight loss since revision.

Sorry it has slowed down a bit, but I am sure that it will pick up soon.

I hope you had an absolutely fabulous evening.

Teena Adler

JROLFSON
on 9/8/09 3:59 am - St. George, UT
Hi Teena:

I've been gone for (5) days over the Labor Day Holiday and when I returned I found your post...By this time you have probably calmed down a tad and hopefully because today is the 9th have spoken with your Dr....I don't blame you for being"HELLA" angry that is such a bunch a crap...

I had dreams prior to my surgery that something could happen and I would have the same thing so this doesn't surprise me...When I went into surgery with my Dr. I was told he would be shortening my Common Conduit between 70-80 and I came out with 100. He explained to me it was because of the way my past surgeon had done my RNY that he hadn't bypassed me enough therefore he couldn't go any shorter with the ERNY...I had to take what he said and realize he was the expert and knows what he's doing...Did they fix your other problem? The fistula?

Hope you post here soon after you talk to the Dr. we are all wanting to know what he's going to do for you...

Janie
Teena A.
on 9/8/09 4:25 am, edited 9/8/09 4:28 am - Mesquite, TX
Janie,

I have no idea what my surgeon did as I never got to speak to my surgeon.

I literally woke up and was sent home a few hours after going under and nothing was written on my paperwork saying what was or was not done.

Hence me being so pissed. at the time I wrote the original post.

When I called his office he would not speak to me either other than have his nurse tell me he will explain it all on September 9, 2009 at 3:30 pm.

I have had time to calm down and do more research and I am patiently waiting til tomorrow to speak to my surgeon.

Thank you very much for sharing your story about what happened with your revision as I truly appreciate it.

I will be sure to update everyone tomorrow.

Teena Adler

Most Active