ERNY

pearssh
on 8/30/09 7:07 pm - far rockaway , NY

Hello

I had the RNY done in 2005 I lost 100lbs I have gained back 40lbs I am seeking a revision to the ERNY I have recently seen Dr Greenbaum in NJ about the DS nice man but I think I am to scare of the risk of getting the DS. I have decided to go with t he ERNY I am not totally sold on my doctor and am willing to visit with other doctors in NYC before making a final decision so If anyone has any suggestions please let me know? I am also seeking more information about the ERNY my current doctor suggested that I have my pouch revised and the stoma along with reducing my common channel to 100, I should have asked him if I can go lower and what the consequences would be?  

JRinAZ
on 8/31/09 3:52 am - Layton, UT
On August 31, 2009 at 2:07 AM Pacific Time, pearssh wrote:

Hello

I had the RNY done in 2005 I lost 100lbs I have gained back 40lbs I am seeking a revision to the ERNY I have recently seen Dr Greenbaum in NJ about the DS nice man but I think I am to scare of the risk of getting the DS. I have decided to go with t he ERNY I am not totally sold on my doctor and am willing to visit with other doctors in NYC before making a final decision so If anyone has any suggestions please let me know? I am also seeking more information about the ERNY my current doctor suggested that I have my pouch revised and the stoma along with reducing my common channel to 100, I should have asked him if I can go lower and what the consequences would be?  

My opinion:

Don't go lower than 100 cc.  Consequences may be VERY rough!  (mine were!)....100 should do a great job for you and is the standard for the DS measurement as well:)

2nd Chances get us to gold!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active