Well tomorrow is my revision!!!!!!!!!! 8/31

emjayel56
on 8/29/09 9:53 pm - Boynton Beach,, FL

It's been a long haul to get here.   After having 2 lapbands for 9 years, tomorrow I am having the band taken out and will be having an RNY.  Today is day 14 of liquid diet (lost 13 lbs) and tomorrow will be day 1 of my new journey. 

I've gone through a whole rollercoaster of emotions this past week but today I feel serenely calm and at peace with my decision to do this.

Hopefully i'll be home before the end of the week and will update you all.

Have a great day and good luck with your own individual journey.

Maryjo

susang
on 8/29/09 11:02 pm - CA
Thoughts and prayers will be with you...14 days of liquids...oh wow you deserve a gold medal just for doing that
Wishing you all the best
sue
Teena A.
on 8/29/09 11:20 pm - Mesquite, TX
Maryjo,

I was just thinking about you as I know your big day is tomorrow.

I am sure you are a bundle of nerves at this time, but all things considered you will be just fine.

I wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

I am praying that your surgery is uneventful and that your recovery is a speedy one.

I hope that you have lots of family and friends there to help you through this journey.

By the time you get home I too will also be done with having my repair and revision from proximal to distal.

I can't wait for your updates.

Take care.

P.S. Be sure to follow the clear liquid diet today if you were given one.  LMAO

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

emjayel56
on 8/30/09 12:22 am - Boynton Beach,, FL
Hi Teena,
Thanks so much for the kind wishes and yes i have already started my clear liquid diet. 

All the best to you as well.  Next time we talk we will both be done with revisions and on the road to recovery!   Speedy recovery to you.

Maryjo
shele
on 8/30/09 4:25 am
Good luck to you, and a speedy recovery!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

peggy1011
on 8/30/09 6:20 am - Whitesboro, NY
Revision on 09/08/09 with
Maryjo,
Thoughts and prayers are sent to you.   I also will be having a revision from lap band to RNY, but mine is scheduled for 9/8.  I know what you mean about the roller coaster of emotions.  I crave the serenity that you've found. 
Keep in touch, and we can support each other.

Peggy
emjayel56
on 8/30/09 6:24 am - Boynton Beach,, FL
Hi Peggy,
I will be in touch when i get back from the hospital.  Believe me the emotions were anything but calm this past week, it's only this weekend that i've been able to come to terms with this and find some inner peace.  We'll talk in a few days.   The best of luck to you.
Maryjo
nannetteb
on 8/30/09 7:18 am - Fort Worth, TX
I had my revision on 8/19 and all went well.  I'm wishing you an uneventful and complicaton free procedure.  You'll do good.  I look forward to your post after surgery. 

Be Blessed,

Nannette
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wXZzQh0/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wXZzQh0/s-weight.png">>

emjayel56
on 8/30/09 7:38 am - Boynton Beach,, FL
Thank you Shele and thank you Nannette for the encouraging post.  I am glad your revision went well.
Maryjo
Kathy H.
on 8/30/09 5:00 pm - Kent, WA
Best of luck on your continuing journey, Maryjo!

xoxo

Kathy
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered the Duodenal Switch? Information is power.

Most Active