Has Anyone Ever Heard Of? (RNY)

demi
on 8/30/09 11:37 pm - My Town, WI

Hello All,

Has anyone every "ROSE" Procedure? I was told what they do is they put several stitches in your pouch and gather it like a rose to tight it back up and they stitch bottom which leads to your intestines. I guest this is something new and there is not a lot out there on it.

Demi   295/184/160
"It's not about being better than anyone else, but about being better than I used to be."

Zee Starrlite
on 8/31/09 4:51 am
Demi,

There is alot of info on the ROSE, Stomaphyx etc.  These surgeries DO NOT work  . . . unless you talk to someone who is newly post-op and on the liquid diet.  When they resume to solids they gain their weight back.  Do NOT break your heart, waste your time, and lose your hard earned money (insurance will not cover these procedures).  There are "real" revisions that you can look into.

God Bless,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

demi
on 9/1/09 10:39 pm - My Town, WI
I believe you.  I am not going to get this done.  I am fine like I am.  What I did gain back I will work it off the hard way eating right and excise.  I just was wanting to know if anyone had it done here before. 

Demi   295/184/160
"It's not about being better than anyone else, but about being better than I used to be."

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/09 4:59 am - AZ
On August 31, 2009 at 6:37 AM Pacific Time, demi wrote:

Hello All,

Has anyone every "ROSE" Procedure? I was told what they do is they put several stitches in your pouch and gather it like a rose to tight it back up and they stitch bottom which leads to your intestines. I guest this is something new and there is not a lot out there on it.

Ditto to what Leila writes.

The only person that pushes the ROSE procedure is Coach Roz and no doubt she'll be along to tell you how great it is and how you should go to her specific surgeon.

Just remember, she's had posts removed for a reason.

demi
on 9/1/09 10:41 pm - My Town, WI
I am not getting this d one.  I was wanted to know what the deal was with it.  I am fine like I am what weight I did gain I will work it off the hard way.  NO MORE SURGERY for me..

Demi   295/184/160

(deactivated member)
on 9/1/09 10:51 pm - AZ
On September 2, 2009 at 5:41 AM Pacific Time, demi wrote:
I am not getting this d one.  I was wanted to know what the deal was with it.  I am fine like I am what weight I did gain I will work it off the hard way.  NO MORE SURGERY for me..

I am with you, no more surgery for me either.

(((HUGS)))

Most Active