Has anyone had revision after staples feel out? I

cutiebootz
on 8/29/09 7:29 am - milwaukee, WI
I had 3 that feel out, we don't know just yet where they came from, like from what area of the bypass, but the area is 3 staples short. I am 3 years out and I don't know what caused this. They ltterly had to yank out the staples that addeherd to the outside of bladder. I had exploritory surgery, done Laproscopy yesterday to find out where my low grade fevers where coming from ab/pelvic pain came from.. I am seeeing the head Baritric doctor at the hospital and will discuss things. But This might the reason why I am able to retain sooo much food. I can eat ALOT and I am not proud of it.. To top it off I get physically hungry.  I just resently been able to eat alot.. But this problem has started in Dec 2008. I gained about 24lbs in 3 months. NOT good. I am not on here alot to update my profile info and I am assamed that I have gained so much. But it could be from having those staples lose. Then with my hypoglycemia, I sometimes have to eat again, usually protien, and jucie. That could be a half an hour after I eat a meal. So yeah I have someother complications from having this surgery .But I would do it over again anyways! I was so big and unhealthy. Things happen. What makes it worse is that the orginal doctor that did my bypass, passed away. Or he would have been taking care of me. The doctor that did this lap exploritory was my Ob/Gyn because we had a feeling that it was just enodmietriousis. But that wasn't the problem. Thanks for listening to me. Has anyone else ever have this? I know I am on day 2 but I have a fever still. It spiked to today to 100.2. I have to see the doctor or go to the ER if it goes up to 101. I say go to the ER only if it spikes over the weekend and my doctors offices are closed still. Well I have babbled enough. thank for listening to me.

PRE-OP 283
CURRENT-167

GOAL/ Lowest 141!-New goal -145
http://www.myspace.com/skinnycutieboo

LosingSally
on 8/29/09 3:09 pm
So what you're saying is you had staples migrate to your pelvic area, and one was adhered to the outside of your bladder?
People have had bullets, staples, and bone fragments migrate inside the body to a different area than it started out. I believe implants sometimes migrate as well. I hope you don't have any more problems with this, I don't think it is very common.
cutiebootz
on 8/29/09 7:06 pm - milwaukee, WI

Yes they migrated to my bladder, all 3 adhered to the outside of the bladder. Thank you I hope this was what my body was rejecting and making me sick.Thank you again

PRE-OP 283
CURRENT-167

Renee M.
on 8/29/09 3:33 pm
I had 2 staples "and a suture" come loose at 4 yrs out, but they didn't end up anywhere too crazy...lol.  I think they were hanging out at the top of my stoma.  I'm looking to have a revision, too, but it's mostly because my pouch is a little bigger than it should be and my stoma is blown wide open so food goes straight through (so, I stay hungry a lot.)  They acted like "2 staples coming undone" wouldn't be good enough to be considered a "Staple line breakdown", but I do have the enlarged pouch and stoma.

I ended up finding out about the staples because I was having reallly bad pain and dry-heaves and they finally ended up doing an endoscope when they found them.
cutiebootz
on 8/29/09 7:09 pm - milwaukee, WI

I am glad that I am not alone, I think tha I have stretch the heck out of my pouch now. I had a colonoscopy, So maybe having a endoscopy to see how much or big my pouch has gotten. Thanks for the support. I appreciate it. I wish you luck on your revision.

PRE-OP 283
CURRENT-167

Most Active