Revision Complete - New Mission Started

kindafunny
on 8/26/09 10:51 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
I had my revision from lap band (2000) to the RNY on Monday, August 24.  I came home yesterday and am very VERY loopy.  I thought I'd check in and tell everyone that the pain wasn't nearly what I expected and so far, it's doable.  

I had my jello for breakfast and now I'm going to nap!

Every Day Is A Blessing

Satinysilke
on 8/28/09 1:08 am - CA
Hi,

I'm having revision surgery on 9/1/09 from Lapband to RNY and was hoping that I could hear from someone that had just had the same type of revision that I'm planning, in hopes that I can find out what to expect.  Please, when you feel up to it let me know what to expect.

Thanks and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Renee
~ Satinysilke~
RNY 9/1/09

emjayel56
on 8/28/09 2:32 am - Boynton Beach,, FL
Thanks so much for posting this.  I am glad you are tolerating it well.  I am scheduled this Monday, Aug 31 for revision from band to RNY so you don't know how much of relief it is to hear this first hand.  Speedy recovery to you! 
kindafunny
on 8/28/09 9:11 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Apparently there was a lot of scar tissue and so I think it took longer than my doctor expected.  I woke up from anestesia wanting to puke, but they gave me meds right away and that subsided.  I remember being in and out for a couple of hours but once I got to my room and had the morphine pump, I was basically fine.

They took the cath out the next morning and I started walking some.  Sitting up felt better than lying down.

The only thing is that I am VERY tired, but I am sure that will pick up as my calories increase and my iron stabilizes.

I'll be here for you guys!
Every Day Is A Blessing

GayleTx
on 8/28/09 11:12 am - northeast, TX
Same here........band (the second one, in fact)   to RNY next Thursday....something I said I'd never do. 
kindafunny
on 8/28/09 12:08 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
I remember 10 years ago deciding against the RNY because I didn't think I could live without ice cream.  However, in looking at the number of times I've had ice cream in the past 10 years and facing this decision, I guess I had a change of heart.

It takes a long time to be ready for some things and I just wasn't ready.  Now I AM ready and I'm excited about the changes that are going to be happening.

I'll pray for you on Thursday!
Every Day Is A Blessing

Teena A.
on 8/28/09 10:52 pm - Mesquite, TX
Kindafunny,

You can do it,

I am so proud of you.

I was an ice cream person as well, but after surgery I found that there are lots of ice cream that is low in fat and sugar free that does not cause me dumping.

I eat it once in a blue moon as a treat.

I am glad to hear that you are doing well.

Keep up the good work.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

kindafunny
on 8/29/09 2:40 am - Pittsburgh, PA
For those of you on the east coast, I am a fan of RITAS sugar-free, but it doesn't always like me.  However, when I am able to do fruits again, I will indulge in that treat... next summer... because I am also CHEAP!  LOL
Every Day Is A Blessing

CoriMcQ
on 8/29/09 6:44 am
Hi Everyone,

I had band to bypass surgery on 8/21.  I am amazed at how well I feel (considering all things)!  Mine also took a bit longer than my surgeon had planned as I had a hernia to repair and lots of scar tissue left from the band.

My surgery was at 11:30 on Friday and I was released on Monday by 9:00 am.   I am back to walking almost a mile each day and not feeling hungry at all.  I weighed myself the day before the surgery and weighed 213 - as of today I weigh 201.8 - one week later!

Best of luck to everyone planning this revision - it is really not bad at all!!!!

Teena A.
on 8/29/09 7:40 am - Mesquite, TX
Cori,

Congrats on your progress with your weight loss.

Keep up the great work.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

Most Active