Lap Band Revision ANYONE

Angela Stoot
on 8/28/09 5:21 am - Crosby, TX
OMG, Bless you, and Thank you so much. I was very worried about the what if's. I've just began my research on things, as I did with the band in the beginning and this is a VERY BIG help.

Thank you, Thank you.....

Angela Stoot         Banded 08/01/05  = Revision to Sleeve 09/18/2014

GayleTx
on 8/28/09 11:01 am - northeast, TX
I'm losing my second band next Thursday.......I lost 160 lbs in 18 months with my first band, had a slippage and never lost any more weight even though I was not able to eat normally (and remained very compliant with healthy eating) for the next 18 months.  I got a new band in February, have had no saline put in yet because I still can't eat normally......things are just like they were.  So..........even though I've been a big proponent of the band, feel it's much safer than bypass, I give up.......it's coming out.  My cardiologist, my primary, and my new surgeon all feel I need to convert to a bypass because it is risky for me to take a chance on gaining weight again.........losing the weight saved my life 3 years ago, no doubt. 

So next week I'll do what I said I'd never do........give up the band, and get my intestines cut and rearranged and whacked around on.  I'm changing my mind 3 times a day, but I think I'll really go thru with it.   I've had a good taste of what life as a healthy,  normal person feels  like and I don't want to give it up , so I'm willing to take the chances involved in having this surgery. 

Best wishes to all of us who struggle with obesity and all the difficulties that go along with it......ain't it grand we now  know how to take 'the easy way out"......no matter how many times it takes us to get it right!!! 
emjayel56
on 8/29/09 12:43 am - Boynton Beach,, FL
Hey Gayle
i can surely relate to what you are saying.   I too have had 2 lapbands and Monday 8/31 i am having the lapband removed and doing RNY ...  I will let you know how it goes.

good luck
maryjo
babsintx
on 8/29/09 2:46 am - GA
Hi Angela,

I am a 5 year band to sleeve revision. I love my sleeve. Maybe you can look into this??

Babs

~~Sami~~ *.
on 8/31/09 7:04 am - Jacksonville, FL
I had a Band to VSG revision after seven years with a Band..

I lost an additional 50 pounds with my Sleeve, but weight loss stopped at 4 months.  Still, I've kept that off (+-5 pounds)... and my quality of life is 1000x better with the Sleeve.

The good thing about a sleeve is you have a normal (albeit skinny)  stomach.  There is no blind part as with an RNY.

It's definitely something to look into... that and a DS (if  you have a lot still left to lose).

Good luck :)

Lap-Band June 14, 2001. Dr. Rumbaut, Monterrey, Mexico.
Lap-Band removed after 7 years and converted to Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 7, 2008 by Dr. Roslin.  I've had three happy healthy Lap-Band babies.... and one VSG baby.  5 years out from revision to VSG.  Gained 55 pounds in past 5 months, now considering DS. :(

Most Active