revision on 8/17/09

coachmnowak
on 8/25/09 10:38 am
Well i did it!  i had my revision last week.   Can anyone give me some insight of what to expect how this is going to be compared to my first RNYGB? 

Up to this point...  i think the first two days were worse than my other first two days... after that i think this recovery has been a little more smooth. 

I think this will be shocking- but i dont think i have lost any weight as of yet... then again i havent weighed in yet either.  I go see the Doc on Thursday.

insights appreciated!
A journey toward something is also a journey away from something.
Whatever we give our mental attention to in our lives will increase in our lives.
If you want to sleep later go to bed earlier.

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/09 2:39 pm - San Diego, CA
What type of revision did you have?
coachmnowak
on 8/25/09 8:28 pm
In june of 2002 I had a RNY GPdone. I had a revision of that to another RNY, This time besides my drains I also have a gastric tube potruding out the left side. Just below my front qtr of the ribcage.
Whatever we give our mental attention to in our lives will increase in our lives.

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/09 1:45 am - San Diego, CA
Oh, I see.  Well my dear, it is VERY common for you to gain weight right after surgery (I gained 8 lbs!) due to the IV fluids they pump in you.  You can really expect to see a loss of those fluids and an accurate accounting of your weight right around day 10 or so.  You have it right....it is a good idea to NOT weigh right now as it can be discouraging.

Good luck to you!

coachmnowak
on 8/26/09 4:04 am
Thanks for your insight... i appreciate it big time!  With my first WLS i lost 170lbs in 10 months...  i dont have nearly as much to lose nore do i expect the same results... but to be honest- i cannot wait to get on the damn Eliptical and then start running and lifting again!!!

Yesterday i think i over did it walking...  really sore today... started vitamins today and tomorrow will be day ten so that means full liq. diet... WOW time is flying!  AND SOON THE WEIGHT

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/09 5:07 am - San Diego, CA
Ohhhh yes, I totally understand.  I lost 90 lbs in less than 3 months the first time around without even trying really.  It is MUCH slower this time around but I do have my mentality in the right place finally and am very mindful about "the rules."  I need to make a lifelong commitment to this...not just a 5 or 6 year commitment and then fail again.

Keep in touch and take it easy with the exercise...don't over-do it. :)

Most Active