lapband after rny 7 yrs later

HUGGY
on 8/24/09 7:21 pm - Hollywood, Fl
HI All,  I was wondering if any one had lapband after RNY I had RNY 2002 guess I wasnt  ready THEN I lost  145 LBS and GAINED 70 back  know Im ready to loose and stick to it this time . Im 53 yrs young , with my ins. I have to go to Dr Marema to be approved .anyone in the same boat ..that can answer this  and how it went ..all the best to all and thx for reading Mary
applegate67
on 8/24/09 11:16 pm
 Hi, Don't feel so bad, I had a Silastic Ring Vertical Gastoplasty (stomach stapling surgery) in December 1989.  Lost about 80 lbs and gained it all back within 7 years I guess.  I am now 65 years and still haven't learned from my past mistakes.  I am going for the RNY now on Friday, I hope I am ready to keep it off this time.  It is awful not being able to eat normal.  There are so many foods I cannot eat that are healthy for me, and most of the foods that I can digest are so bad for me.  I have become quit bulimic over the years.  Mostly because of what I have eat'in has not digested so I have to get rid of it to feel better.  This surgery will hopefully fix the problem by making the food go from my stomach directly to my intestines instead of having to pass thru this very small straw like opening (the silastic ring).  I have just discovered this year that I have Vitamin B 12 dificiency anemia.   One thing I do know for sure is that it doesn't matter what program or surgery you do, it is all up in the head.  Failure or success lies in the mind of the holder.  But, I think trying to get educated about nutrition and the effects of eating bad if a very good thing.  It is also very good to be part of a support group.  My husband is a recovering alcholic of over 34 years without a drink.  I think we who are obese have a real addiction for food.  
sarahjameve
on 8/29/09 12:15 pm - Columbus, OH
Hi -

I am having a BOB (Band over Bypass) on September 14th. I had my RNY in March of 2003 and like you lost a lot but gained a lot back as well. My Dr like BOB'ing people because the band is adjustable as needed over the original RNY tools.

Hope this helps.

Sarah
Sarah Jam Eve RNY March 6th 2003 BOB September 14th 2009 

Most Active