7 Days Left Until My Lap Gastric Bypass Repair and Revision

Teena A.
on 8/25/09 2:26 am - Mesquite, TX
I now only have 7 days left until my Lap Gastric Bypass Revision and repair.

I now can officially say one week till surgery now.

I am almost done with everything, but I have two more appointments left to go to.

Thursday - August 27, 2009 at 10:15 am to see my PCP to confirm my blood pressure meds have been working and that my
blood pressure is now normal so she can fax a letter over to Dr. Nicholson to clear me for surgery .

Monday -August 31, 2009 at 3:00 pm to see the dietician Jessilyn to go over what my nutritional needs will be after surgery this time around.

It is awfully close to the date of my surgery, but I will still have time to run out and buy the things that I need for after surgery

I did all my pre op work on Friday and today is Tuesday and no one has called me so I guess no news is good news.

I am fairly healthy so I was not really expecting a phone call, but it was in the far far far back of my mind if there would be any issues with my blood work, EKG, Chest X-ray.

I am just ready for my appointment with my PCP and the dietitian as there are a lot of questions that I want to ask her as far how my eating and vitamins and supplements will change since I am being revised from proximal to distal.

I will be taking lots of notes and asking tons of questions so I hope she does not try to rush me as this is my body and my life, and my co-pay we are dealing with.

LMAO

Well I hope you all have an absolutely fabulous day and are kind to one another.

Follow Your Dream

by: Amanda Bradley

Follow your dream.
Take one step at a time and don't settle for less,
Just continue to climb.
Follow your dream.
If you stumble, don't stop and lose sight of your goal
Press to the top.
For only on top can we see the whole view,
Can we see what we've done and what we can do;
Can we then have the vision to seek something new,
Press on.
Follow your dream.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

Teena A.
on 8/25/09 2:58 am - Mesquite, TX
Ugghhhhh.

I just got a call from my surgeons office.

My EKG was abnormal.

I am pissed.

The nurse said it was no biggie, but I may now have to go and see a cardiologist prior to surgery.

She said that she could get me in prior to my surgery date next Wednesday so not to worry and that it is not a big deal, but WTF.

I am pissed and have never wanted a fuzzy navel & a cigarette so bad in my freaking life at this moment.

I was not stressed or nervous or anything before, but now I am freaked the F*(k out.
Teena Adler

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

Teena A.
on 8/25/09 3:04 am - Mesquite, TX
Ok. I just read this http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Meaning-of-Abnormal-EKG-Results&id=74385 so I have calmed down some.
Teena Adler

sjh921
on 8/25/09 4:01 am
I'm glad you calm down I know that worried you a lot.  I guess we both be in surgery at the same time I have my lap-band procedure next wednesday as well.  I wish both of us much success. 

I hope your EKG test will improve.
Teena A.
on 8/26/09 9:20 am - Mesquite, TX
Thank you.

Teena Adler

(deactivated member)
on 9/1/09 10:17 am - KY
Hi Tenna...what is your surgeon going to do for revision?  thanks! 
Teena A.
on 9/1/09 10:20 am - Mesquite, TX
Patken24,

I am sorry, but I do not have time to go into detail.

Please see my signature below and my profile.

I am running around here like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get ready for surgery in the morning.

Thanks for understanding in advance.

Teena Adler

nannetteb
on 9/1/09 1:03 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Teena,

I'm wishing you well on tomorrow. I know you'll do just fine. I'll be praying for you and I look forward to seeing your post when you're back home.

Take Care,

Nannette
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wXZzQh0/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wXZzQh0/s-weight.png">>

Teena A.
on 9/1/09 1:07 pm - Mesquite, TX
Nannette,

Thank you so much for your well wishes.

I am sure I will be fine as well as I have lots of people praying for me.

I will be sure to post as soon as I get home.

Teena Adler

mrdoores
on 9/1/09 3:30 pm - Waldorf, MD
Teena,
I have read some of your post and the poems you put in .  As you take this new journey be sure to take GOD with you and you will be in Great Hands.  You will be home and doing well before you know it.  I'll keep you in my prayers also.
Marianna
Most Active