Revision this Friday

Farrah W
on 8/24/09 6:40 am - Tallahassee, FL
Hello all! I finally was approved for a revision from RNY to RNY because of an ulcer that refuses to heal. I will be having open surgery on Friday, he'll make a new pouch and cut out all of the old tissue. He thinks that the blood flow to my current pouch wasn't good enough to let the ulcer heal. I've been miserable since March and am very excited to stop feeling so icky! I'll be in the hospital 5-7 days and then out of work up to 6 weeks ( and more if I need it). He said that the complication rates of having a revision are about 4-5 times more as with the initial surgery, but I'm very happy with my surgeon and how he's going about everything.

Thanks everyone!
Farrah

Please spay and neuter your pets!
JustLookingToo
on 8/26/09 1:52 pm - AL
 Well, best wishes on your revision! I totally understand how it feels to need a revision for medical reasons. I have such terrible attacks of bile, that I can't wait until I get mine. I know you will feel better after you get that nagging ulcer taken care of. Yes, revisions are risky, but when needed for medical reasons, totally worth the risk (in my opinion). I'll be thinking of you on Friday.
Farrah W
on 8/27/09 6:27 am - Tallahassee, FL
Thank you!!

Please spay and neuter your pets!
Most Active