Rose Procedure

CoachRoz
on 9/2/09 1:00 am
Hi Libby, 

Excess weight is usually defined as the amount a weight needed to reach a healthier BMI.  Therefore, 50% is not just your 20 pounds.   Also, keep in mind that ROSE success seems to be connected to how successful a patient was with the original RYN. 

ROSE is less aggressive (safer, less invasive) and more patient-engaged procedure.  What I mean by that?  Patients with a ROSE procedure will not experience the possible complication of having a device (band) or mal-nutrition (ERYN).  

Also patient with a ROSE procedure will not experience the passive nature of our original by-pass and band surgery.  ROSE patients are required to get every engaged in eating less, recognizing fullness and making food choices.

You are welcome to give me a call, so I can connect you with other ROSE patients who are having success....
Coach Roz Harris,
Beat Weight Regain w. ROSE Member Group Leader

Libby S.
on 9/7/09 2:41 am - Mobile, AL
 Hi Roz,

Okay, so I'm just gonna tell the truth here.  I have never been successful at being "engaged" in the weight loss process (ie-dieting, depriving myself, etc) and don't want to have to "diet" .... so does that mean that the ROSE is not a good procedure for me?

I LOVED the passive nature of the original bypass because, as I just mentioned, I was never successful at changing my lifestyle via my eating habits.  And surely this has contributed to some of my weight re-gain.

I like the fact that the ROSE procedure is low risk, of course.  But I asked Dr. Garber about the ERYN and he said that there were no proven results that it helped people lose weight as a revision procedure.  I wonder if that is because he does not perform this procedure .....or, conversely, if he doesn't perform it for the reason stated above.  

Is the ERYN procedure also a new procedure?  Can you give me any additional information about that procedure?

Thank you so kindly for your answers to my questions.  It is greatly appreciated.

Libby
bena
on 9/4/10 7:41 am - Hallandale, FL
Hi Coach,

I am interested in ROSE success stories and your coaching.  I can be reached at [email protected].

Thank you!
(deactivated member)
on 8/26/09 12:51 pm - San Diego, CA
Hi Libby -

Due to the lack of positive experiences I received when (like you) I posted for ROSE successes (I received not one unfortunately), and after extensive research, I opted for the BOB (band-over-bypass) as my revision surgery and have had outstanding results.  Contrary to what others have indicated, my weight loss has been far from "slow"...40 lbs in 3 months and 11 lbs away from goal already.  Granted, it is not like the first time but the restriction I have now with the band is GLORIOUS (that's my favorite word lately!! lol).  Feel free to read my blogs for more detailed info about my BOB experience thus far.

Good luck with your research and decision.  It is an important one!
jonathan R.
on 9/1/09 12:39 pm - east meadow, ny
 I had the ROSE procedure by Dr. Garber in NY and lost 75 lbs.  He made my stoma really tight and I get full very quickly after eating and stay satisfied for a long time after eating. I think he has done more than most surgeon in the US.  Experience with this procedure probably leads to better results because it is such a new procedure. He is also very accessible via email anytime to ask questions.
Libby S.
on 9/7/09 2:50 am - Mobile, AL
 Wow, Jonathan, that is great.  When did you have the procedure? Are you exercising, watching your diet, etc?  How much of that was re-gained weight, if you dont mind me asking?  What I am curious about is whether you have gotten below your original bypass weight?

Thanks!
Libby
CoachRoz
on 9/2/09 1:02 am
 By the way Libby, you have a great profile picture!  That red is your color!
Libby S.
on 9/7/09 2:44 am - Mobile, AL
 Thanks, Roz !!
tamann829
on 3/10/10 8:21 am - Dayton, NV
Do you happen to know of any near or in Iowa?
Goldie_Locks
on 9/3/09 4:15 am
So considering that the ROSE procedure is realtively new, what are insurance companies saying about covering it?  Are they covering it?  Looking to have a revision to my original RYN 9 years ago.  Investigating all options.

Thank you!
Most Active