I'm revised!

KimberlyErin
on 8/23/09 12:08 pm - Central Valley, CA
I had my revision surgery on Wednesday from band to gastric bypass.  I'm not gonna lie, the first 2 days were hell!!!  The only prob I had post-op was when they took out the catheter my bladder wouldn't do its job again.  I tried telling the nurses that my bladder was so full I could feel it pushing up on my stomach.  They didn't believe me.  Then they put the catheter back in and out came almost an entire liter of pee.  They left the catheter in until the next day and about 5 hours later my bladder started doing its job and I was able to pee on my own.  Thank God!   The catheter is not fun. Then I woke up from my morning nap on Sat and felt pretty good.  Everything went great during surgery.  He didn't find any problems with my stomach, which he thought he might.  My IV blew on Sat so they took it out which made me feel even better.  Having things sticking out of me gives me the willies.  Having the catheter and IV out lifted my spirits so much.  I have felt awesome ever since. 

I am on clear liquids for the week but its not bothering me.  On Tues I get my stapes from my incisions out and am looking forward to it.  It's funny trying to get my head to go from band rules to bypass rules.  With my band I couldn't eat in the morning for a few hours.  Now when i get up I need to start sipping liquids.  I caught myself yesterday telling myself I should not drink so early in the morning or it was all going to come up.  My band has been slipped for about 2 months so eating and just drinking has been hard.  I am glad to be rid of my band.  I don't feel the port anymore which is weird.  I don't have to baby my stomach muscles anymore - new and enjoyable.  I don't have to worry about using my stomach muscles and feeling that pull from the port.  I don't have to worry about babying my port and if not it will dislodge and then I'll have to have more surgery.  Even my exercise restrictions are not as severe as when I was banded. Too fun!  lol
mrdoores
on 8/23/09 1:16 pm - Waldorf, MD
Hi,  Glad everything went well for you.  Just remember to sip, sip and walk.  Don't over do, but try to get in some walking.    Good luck  to you as you are back on the loser's bench. I am also waiting on revision surgery from RNY to ERNY.
Marianna
(deactivated member)
on 8/23/09 11:11 pm - Bridgeport, CT
Congrats! I hope everything goes well. I go for mine on the 31st. I am so excited! Have a wonderful 2nd life....
La'Toya H.
on 8/23/09 11:14 pm - Frisco, TX
I am so glad to hear all went well.. I was surprised with my progress as well, My procedure went very well. Now I am just struggling with what to eat and drink. I have a really bad taste in my mouth all the time. I am very sore, but to be expected.. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.. Congrats

Respectfully,
La'Toya

emjayel56
on 8/24/09 2:22 am - Boynton Beach,, FL
How outstanding you are doing so well.  All the best of luck to you.  I am having my revision from band to bypass next Monday.  Speedy recovery
maryjo
starrgirrl
on 8/24/09 3:02 am - los angeles, CA
Sending you lots of prayers for a speedy recovery! Thank you for posting... My band came out in 7/08 and I'm  hoping to have a revision soon!
nannetteb
on 8/24/09 9:09 am - Fort Worth, TX
I too had my revision on Aug 19th, and today by phone my doctor released me to drive...Shhhhh don't tell him I didnt' wait on his call.  I was glad to get the call so my hubby wouldn't fuss, but heck I've been doing stuff at home as normal, like I'm a clean floor fanatic and have a light colored ceramic tile floor in my kitchen.  I could see doggie hair and crumbs...I asked hubby to sweep it, and he said ok. Yesterday morning he had to work, the floor was still unsweep, so you know what happened next.

I feel fine, just a bit itchy below where my JP drain was, but not around the site itself. There is absolutely nothing where the itch is and it's about 3 inches lower than the JP site was.

I walked around Walmart for about an hour today, that was after the pedicure....so all is well.

Now I'm making a cheesecake, spaghetti, and cabbage for my hubby's dinner...I love to cook when I'm bored...it's a good darn thing I have no hunger at all. I even fried him chicken wings yesterday and that is my absolute weakness, but I was not tempted at all.

Be Blessed All.
jazzy31
on 8/26/09 5:48 am
Congrats!  Did you have your revision done lap or was it open? 
KimberlyErin
on 8/26/09 7:18 am - Central Valley, CA
It was lap.  He used my old 5 incisions and then made one more down lower where my intestines are.
Most Active