someone please help

nikki_mcdaniel
on 8/23/09 11:27 am - gainesville, GA
I had lap-band surgery 4 years ago and went from 278 to 190, but it seemed that would be the lowest i would go...until this past august (08) i got pregnant, had my band defilled and shot up to 275 (due to pre-elclampsia and swelling) well i have made it down to 244 since may 30,2009 but i know that now it is going to be EVEN harder to loose wight being 4 years out and feel like i will never be at a healthy weight, because I feel like with the band i will only loose 50 to 60 % of my excess weight and being at 5'3 it would only put me at around 180-190 again :( I just feel like a complete failure and I am deeply considering after MUCH thought gastric-bypass revision, (I have always said that i wish I had that operation in the first place, I was just young and scared) I just want to feel so much better about myself and physically and it seems like every day I just get more and more disappointment...and just terrible mood swings. I checked with my insurance company and they won't cover the surgery and it seems like i don't have enough credit to finance anything... i guess my question is, what can be my next step??
(deactivated member)
on 8/24/09 9:10 am - AZ
On August 23, 2009 at 6:27 PM Pacific Time, nikki_mcdaniel wrote:
I had lap-band surgery 4 years ago and went from 278 to 190, but it seemed that would be the lowest i would go...until this past august (08) i got pregnant, had my band defilled and shot up to 275 (due to pre-elclampsia and swelling) well i have made it down to 244 since may 30,2009 but i know that now it is going to be EVEN harder to loose wight being 4 years out and feel like i will never be at a healthy weight, because I feel like with the band i will only loose 50 to 60 % of my excess weight and being at 5'3 it would only put me at around 180-190 again :( I just feel like a complete failure and I am deeply considering after MUCH thought gastric-bypass revision, (I have always said that i wish I had that operation in the first place, I was just young and scared) I just want to feel so much better about myself and physically and it seems like every day I just get more and more disappointment...and just terrible mood swings. I checked with my insurance company and they won't cover the surgery and it seems like i don't have enough credit to finance anything... i guess my question is, what can be my next step??

If you are self pay what about Mexico?  I did it and loved my doctor and my experience.

The better doctors are:

Aceves
Rumbaut
Zapata
Ungson

If you apply for a much smaller loan you might be able to get financing.  Thousands of people go to Mexico for WLS and revisions.

Or, there is always the option of a cosigner.

Otherwise, save save save.

Most Active