VGB - REVERSED/REVISION?

GIA C.
on 8/23/09 8:50 am

I had the VGB done in 1988 and reversed i*****  I threw up all 8 years - every day -  and was miserable.  I remember that I lost around 90 lbs.  At first, I did not have any problems and then without warning everything I ate made me sick as a dog.  I finally got so frustrated that I had the band removed but the G.I. surgeon left the rest the way of the VGB.  I am now looking to get a revision?  I am not sure what revision I will be getting.  I had a EGD and my G.I. doctor said that I had like two openings going into my stomach now.  The original opening and the VGB opening.  I hope this time out things will be different.  I am seeking a Bariatric Surgeon - last time it was just a general surgeon with what I thought to have had a lot of experience with WLS.

I am waiting on a hospital in Kentucky and the Dr. John Husted to be certified a Center of Excellence because, I have primary Medicare and then Medicaid (Spend Down Card).  Medicare will only pay if it is a Center of Excellence.  From what I have researched Dr. Husted has a lot of Bariatric experience and that is what I want.  I hope how soon it happens - I am really pumped up.  I have been reading Dr. Garth Davis book regarding WLS.  I wish I lived in Houston, TX - I would have my surgery done with the Davis doctors in a heart beat.

I am very excited to have found this website (suggested by Dr. Garth Davis) and hope to hear from you guys soon.

Gia
(deactivated member)
on 9/4/09 7:20 am - Bayonne, NJ
Hi Gia,

I had a vertical band put on with the RNY, and I am looking to have it reversed. I barf all the time. I hate it!  I am looking into a revision to a DS here in NJ. Of course I have to jump through the same hoops I had to do the first time - 6 months of diet, nutritionist visit, psych consult, sleep study, etc. Ugh.

Hope all goes well on your revision journey.
Adele
Most Active