Succesful Revisions

Robynne
on 8/22/09 9:24 pm - Canada
I was wondering if anyone had a revision and got to their goal weight and is happy with the results. Or if anyone knows of anyone that was very succesful and happy with their revisions. I know it's a basic question but I'm interested in succesful revision stories I guess, or your experience with your revision.

Thank You
mew6495
on 8/23/09 5:29 am - MI
On August 23, 2009 at 4:24 AM Pacific Time, Robynne wrote:
I was wondering if anyone had a revision and got to their goal weight and is happy with the results. Or if anyone knows of anyone that was very succesful and happy with their revisions. I know it's a basic question but I'm interested in succesful revision stories I guess, or your experience with your revision.

Thank You
 What kind of revision are you thinking about?  There are several options to choose from.  Some of it will be dependent on what your original wls type was...

I had a revision from a 2001 proximal RNY to an ERNY last October.  I have a 75 cm common channel.  I am now 2 lbs below goal and very happy with my revision. 

I would recommend doing a bunch of research and making sure which ever version you choose that it fits for you and your lifestyle.

Good Luck

Robynne
on 8/23/09 9:54 am - Canada
Hello,

I'm not sure what revision it wil be, possibly ERNY. I'm still on here and other sites reading up on surgeons, options and revisions.

I had a RNY in 2004. I'm not sure what the channel amounts mean yet. But I'm sure I will eventually figure it out. I'm happy to hear you are 2lbs below goal with your revision congratulations haha. So there is hope for everyone looking to get to their goal w/revision surgery YEAH! haha

Yes I am currently researching and reading so I can make the best decision for me.

Thank You
(deactivated member)
on 9/1/09 10:19 am - KY
Hello!  MEW, did you have an enlarged stoma and pouch are they still small? 
emjayel56
on 8/23/09 9:22 am - Boynton Beach,, FL
I am scheduled for a revision from band to bypass next Monday; i can update you after that.  good luck
Robynne
on 8/23/09 9:56 am - Canada
Good luck for tomorrow! Keep us updated
Tracy G.
on 8/23/09 9:23 am - Abingdon, MD
My doctor wants me to have a revision from band to sleeve. I haven't made up my mind yet - still reading what everyone else has to say.
Robynne
on 8/23/09 9:58 am - Canada
Yeah it is a lot to read up on. But this is what I did the first time until I felt confident and then I made the decision. Will you use the same doctor or did you already change doctors. Good luck in your decision.
JustMe70
on 8/24/09 2:20 am
I also had an RNY and am in need of a revision.  I have no idea what type of revision I want either.  Every time I read something new I get more confused about what works and what does not.  My other problem is my insurance leaves me limited and the dr.'s available to do revisions is limited in my area.
  Good luck to you. 
JRinAZ
on 8/24/09 2:46 am - Layton, UT
On August 23, 2009 at 4:24 AM Pacific Time, Robynne wrote:

Thank You
Me me me!!!!

Goal:  132
Maintaining:  112-117 (Monday is always high cuz I don'****ch things much during the weekends)

I passed my goal up 4 months post-op from my ERny revision.

Good luck!!!  Being at goal is amazing.  I don't take it for granted though and live a totally focused low-carb lifestyle, attend oodles of support groups, and am pro-active in research that will benefit me even more for future health!

Exercise?  Welll.....let me just say that I'm NOT at my goal with that area of my life!!! 

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active