Which Revision is the best choice?

Regina Ping
on 8/21/09 5:21 am - Vero Beach, FL

I had RNY in November 2006 and have regained about 30 lbs.  I recently had an endoscope performed and was informed that my stoma is rather large and is contributing to my weight gain.  The doctor said that since my stoma is large I don't hold food in my stomach thus having a feeling of hunger all the time.  He also said that my pouch was still small.  Now my question is......what would be the best revision  for me?  I was looking into a Lap-Band over the RNY.  What are my options and what is the outcome from the different options I have?  Any info would be appreciated.  I will in Florida.

Thanks,

Regina

emjayel56
on 8/21/09 10:03 pm - Boynton Beach,, FL
Shele gave you the best advice.  There is no right or wrong answer here.  The right answer is what you are comfortable with after researching and gathering all the information you can.  Speak to your doctor and make an informed decision.  The point is there are options available for you and you will be fine.  Good luck.
shele
on 8/21/09 5:37 am

I hope this does not come across as being smart, but the best revision will be the one that YOU throughly research and feel is right for YOU!

You have lots of options...

DS duodenal switch

ERNY extended rny( common channnel shortened

BOB band over bypass

ROSE------

Stomaphyx-----all these tighten the pouch or stoma

Restore-----

Keep reading on all the boards and ask questions as they come.

Revisions for the most part loose much slower than a virgin procedure. Just an FYI. You will find successes and not so much in all the procedures I would imagine.

Good Luck!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

Most Active