vsg revision

susang
on 8/22/09 12:40 am - CA
I have a vsg with a stretched stomach looks like an hourglass per endoscope results. It is supposed to look like a banana....Any way I have heard revision  vsg revision surgery is risky..I dont want to have any other type of surgery at this time but I am wondering if anyone out there has had a revision VSG ??? mJust the stomach made smaller???
Thanks
JanelG
on 8/22/09 10:54 pm - Canada
Hi Susang,

I am booked for revsion from VSG to DS in October.  Since VSG is the first stage anyways in that proceedure, I am basically adding the malabsorption component because I have regained 30 lbs in the last year with the VSG.  The surgeon can probably fix your sleeve as well to give some restriction plus a DS, or you could just have your sleeve redone, without the DS.

susang
on 8/24/09 5:09 am - CA
Thanks JanelG...Can they just revise a VSG? I heard it was riskier but would like this fixed as I can eat way too much, it also creates reflux with the "hourglass" shape. Did you happen to check into a revision on the VSG first? If so i would love to hear what you were told...Thanks...Sue
(deactivated member)
on 8/24/09 8:11 am - AZ
On August 24, 2009 at 12:09 PM Pacific Time, susang wrote:
Thanks JanelG...Can they just revise a VSG? I heard it was riskier but would like this fixed as I can eat way too much, it also creates reflux with the "hourglass" shape. Did you happen to check into a revision on the VSG first? If so i would love to hear what you were told...Thanks...Sue

Yes, they can depending on how much stomach tissue there is to work with.

Due to the shape of your stomach are you sure you stretched it out vs. it being done incorrectly the first time?

susang
on 8/25/09 9:41 am - CA

interesting question...I was told both...From the surgeon who did not perform the surgey but my surgeon was a partner with that sugeon at the time...he said it was done wrong...my surgeon said it wasnt done wrong stretched? I went on vsg revision from doctor hustead and he says you can stretch it and it becomes an hourglass shape (look to the right of this post and you can see the ad) There was a gal named princess kathy who had a vsg revision and she never posted after a few days of the revision and it worrtied me as she has been around for  about 3 yeears like me
Thanks again for the response I really appreciate it
Sue

Most Active