Have a question...

Theresa W.
on 8/21/09 4:54 am - Northern Lower, MI

Had RNY in 2003...Gained alot of weight back and need revision.  Thought about it a long time and am ready to seriously look into it.  Anyone go to Dr. Baker or Dr. Kammeter in Grand Rapids, MI?  Know of any other good revision Dr.'s in MI?  Best procedure from RNY?  I know there are alot of opinions, and I'd like them all:-)  Thanks! 

Theresa W.
on 8/21/09 4:55 am - Northern Lower, MI
P.S.  I look more like my "before" pic than my "after" pic now....bummer!!!

JROLFSON
on 8/21/09 6:57 am - St. George, UT
I hear Dr. Mark Pleatman in Bloomfield Hills, Mi is a good revision surgeon...

JR.
pepsi98
on 8/22/09 8:42 am - Norwich, CT
On August 21, 2009 at 1:57 PM Pacific Time, JROLFSON wrote:

JR.
Janey,
How are you doing??  I think of you often and hope you're doing well and that the weight is coming off smoothly!!

Sue
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

JROLFSON
on 8/24/09 10:55 am - St. George, UT
Hi There Sue:

I'm doing well and the weight loss is slow but steady...34 lbs since May 20th...I feel really good and I'm hoping to lose another 35 lbs...But if I get down 25 more I'll be very happy...

And how are you Sue?

Janie
pepsi98
on 8/24/09 9:39 pm - Norwich, CT
On August 24, 2009 at 5:55 PM Pacific Time, JROLFSON wrote:
Hi There Sue:

I'm doing well and the weight loss is slow but steady...34 lbs since May 20th...I feel really good and I'm hoping to lose another 35 lbs...But if I get down 25 more I'll be very happy...

And how are you Sue?

Janie
I'm doing good Janie...I've lost 48 lbs and it's been pretty slow, but that dosen't really bother me.  I think I may appreciate it more having to work so hard for it.  Don't want my band too tight, so I have to buckle down a lot more than some folks.  I am thrilled to have lost that and am looking forward to my next goal of 60lbs lost by October...wish me luck!!!

You can see that I totally get the slow weight loss concept!!  I don't think you're slow at all!  34 lbs since May is faster than what I've done.  What does it matter??  The point is to get it off and live healthier lives...people like you and I who have had previous WLS feel the thrill of any loss diffferently than others, I think.

Wishing you much success and happiness!

Sue
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

JROLFSON
on 8/25/09 12:58 am - St. George, UT
Touche! my Friend Touche!
(deactivated member)
on 8/24/09 9:41 am - AZ
On August 21, 2009 at 1:57 PM Pacific Time, JROLFSON wrote:

JR.

I'd have to disagree with you about Pleatman.  He has a 2.4% leak stat and he really is not very experienced in revisions.

JROLFSON
on 8/24/09 10:53 am - St. George, UT
What does that 2.4% leak stat include as far as procedures go...Which procedure that he does has this leak %?

I was given his name by a friend who had him convert her LapBand to VSG...she was one very happy customer...Not knowing him personally I was going from his testimonials and my friends experience who had him as her surgeon...

JR
(deactivated member)
on 8/24/09 10:57 am - AZ
On August 24, 2009 at 5:53 PM Pacific Time, JROLFSON wrote:
What does that 2.4% leak stat include as far as procedures go...Which procedure that he does has this leak %?

I was given his name by a friend who had him convert her LapBand to VSG...she was one very happy customer...Not knowing him personally I was going from his testimonials and my friends experience who had him as her surgeon...

JR

Sleeves and bypass for the leaks.  He's just not one of the better surgeons.

He doesn't even do a leak test on the patient, he tests the removed stomach for sleeves.  He has a nurse blow it up with air.  THAT is his sleeve leak test.

He is not very experienced in revisions at all.

He always gets his digs in for Mexican surgeons, he swears my doc is lying about his own leak stats (0 leaks for sleeves) and he doesn't even know my doc.

As of several months ago he didn't even have 250 sleeves or 250 bypass procedures under his belt, no way is he experienced in revisions.
Most Active