Band over Bypass - looking for results

Deborah S.
on 8/20/09 2:22 am - Islip, NY
Hello,  Several years ago I had RNY Gastric Bypass surgery.  I did well in the begining, but began to gain back about 30 pounds.  I now have to lose about 70-80 pounds.  I'm wondering if anyone has had the Band over bypass revision, and if so what were the results?  My surgery is scheduled for September 29th, so ny info would be helpful.

Thanks,
Debbie
dsnydi
on 8/20/09 10:10 pm
If you post this on the Lap Band board you will 'meet' some great folks who have had this.  They will give you wonderful information and personal experiences.

Pre-Revision: 228 - I had my second baby Feb. 18, 2009
Current Weight: 186 I had a revision via lap to my RnY on August 18, 2009

pepsi98
on 8/22/09 9:02 am - Norwich, CT
I am a BOB!!  I had a band placed over my old bypass in 12/08 and so far I've lost 48 lbs.  Slow, I know but I am ok with it.  I just got a fill this week so we'll see how I do.  I'd like to lose 15 lbs more by October when I see the Doc again.

The band is fussy with fills etc, but it fit into my life and I am learning that truly there is no free ride.  I'm learning to be moderate.  I eat junk food at times, but for the most part I eat protein, veggies and very little carbs (unless it's my one day to eat garbage every once in a while!)

Come over to the lapband board where we have some other BOB's!
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/09 5:17 am - San Diego, CA
I had my BOB on 5/28/09 and have lost 36 lbs of the 50 I had gained so far.  I love my revision surgery and am having phenomenal results!

My profile page has blog entry archives from my actual procedure and recovery (May - Present).  Feel free to read them for additional information. :)

GOOD LUCK!!

Most Active