Revision from Band to RNY on Wed

KimberlyErin
on 8/18/09 5:18 pm - Central Valley, CA
It's midnight and my surgery is 12 hours away.  I find myself questioning my decision.  My band has to come out due to slippage and repeated port flips but its my choice to do the RNY.  I chose the band because it was reversable and there was no cutting of my insides.  Now I'm doing both those things.  What if I wake up from surgery with complications and have problems for the rest of my life?  I guess that's the risk we take.  Is the risk worth the possible benefits of losing weight?  I think it is for me.  I want to have this surgery to better things not to give myself new problems.   I know I don't want to try and fail with diet after diet for the rest of my life.  I need the malabsorbtion.  I guess this post is just to talk things out that are swimming in my head as there's no way I'll be sleeping tonight.  I'm scared.  Thanks for listening.  (((hugs)))
La'Toya H.
on 8/19/09 12:40 am - Frisco, TX
I have you in my prayers and I am sure you will do fine.. Please keep me posted..

Respectfully,
La'Toya

JRinAZ
on 8/19/09 12:41 am - Layton, UT
On August 19, 2009 at 12:18 AM Pacific Time, KimberlyErin wrote:
It's midnight and my surgery is 12 hours away.  I find myself questioning my decision.  My band has to come out due to slippage and repeated port flips but its my choice to do the RNY.  I chose the band because it was reversable and there was no cutting of my insides.  Now I'm doing both those things.  What if I wake up from surgery with complications and have problems for the rest of my life?  I guess that's the risk we take.  Is the risk worth the possible benefits of losing weight?  I think it is for me.  I want to have this surgery to better things not to give myself new problems.   I know I don't want to try and fail with diet after diet for the rest of my life.  I need the malabsorbtion.  I guess this post is just to talk things out that are swimming in my head as there's no way I'll be sleeping tonight.  I'm scared.  Thanks for listening.  (((hugs)))

(((((((((((((((((KIMBERLY))))))))))))))))))))))

Your little pow wow with yourself is normal and such a good thing to face the realities so you can be the best post-op possible!

Skinny wishes to you for a safe and uneventful Revision!

Catch us up!

Keep us posted!

Enjoy the Journey!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

emjayel56
on 8/19/09 1:06 am - Boynton Beach,, FL
Kimberly,
All the best of luck to you!  I can totally relate to what you are saying... I say those same things to myself every day.  I have a band and scheduled for RNY revision in 12 days.  They say it is normal to question this and I guess we just have to deal with the uncertainty.  I am sure you will do well though and my thoughts are with you.  Please update after you are home.

Maryjo
mew6495
on 8/19/09 8:42 am - MI
 Kimberly,

By the time you get this your surgery will already be complete!  I hope it was successful and uneventful.  Your fears are normal....I would probably question more if you did not have them.... ;-)

Good luck and keep us posted on your successes and issues (if any).  You will do great.  I am sending a prayer your way!

sdikeman
on 8/21/09 4:53 am
I am looking at same band to RNY - just don't have a date yet. I'm already thinking the same things, yet my excitment is balancing the conerns out, atleast for now. I REALLY want to know now how you do after you get home and for somethime after. Keep posting! 
ldglenn
on 8/22/09 6:35 am, edited 8/22/09 6:35 am - Dallas, TX

Totally understand this feeling, I am going to be having a revision also.,,the same things are in my head...but we must move forward !

By now you should be home recovering, Ill send you a pm..

Most Active