AN ERNY UPDATE ON ME

JROLFSON
on 8/18/09 7:12 am - St. George, UT
Hi Everyone:

I'm here daily looking around but haven't posted an update on myself in a whle so here goes...

I had ERNY on May 20th...My recovery was amazing and I feel better and younger than I have in over 15 years...Only a 24 hour stay in the hospital...Ripped off the pain patch the day I got home and never used anything after that...My incision stems from my breast to 2 inches below my belly button...

I weighed in at 214 when I began my Pre-op diet and this morning I weighed 181...So far so good...

I do experience occasional painful and smelly gas, soft stools, but it's all worth it to me...And, I know how to keep it from happening...The thing I've notice so far is that the more and fattier foods I eat the more and faster I lose....As a person who has always had persistent and uncomfortable constipation I so enjoy (I know this sounds sick) going to the bathroom...

When I first left the hospital I was trying to really be diligent about what and how much I ate so I didn't eat 1000 calories a day...But as soon as I said the heck with it and kicked up the eating, the weight started to come off...It has been slow, but actually not to bad 33 lbs in almost 3 months is an 11 lb loss average per month...If I can keep that pace up I could be where I want to be or close by Christmas...

So just wanted all my fellow posters to know how things are going.

Trying to lose another 37 lbs...I feel comfortable with my weight at around 145....

Good Luck to all...

Janie

smileyjamie72
on 8/18/09 8:52 am - Palmer, AK
YAY!!!!!!!!! 

Glad things are going well with you!  And THANKS for the update, too!!!!

Take Care
-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/09 1:49 pm - San Diego, CA
Oh Janie that is GREAT news!  Congrats on the weight loss...we are right about the same in that regard.  It feels so good to get the weight off doesn't it?

Keep up all of your hard work...it is surely paying off, friend. :) Thanks for the update.  It keeps me inspired.

Michele T.
on 8/18/09 3:17 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
Janie,

I'm so glad to hear that you're doing so well!

I finally got everything in and they submitted for insurance approval today.  So I'll hopefully be joining you soon! 

Michele
mew6495
on 8/19/09 8:34 am - MI
On August 18, 2009 at 2:12 PM Pacific Time, JROLFSON wrote:
Hi Everyone:

I'm here daily looking around but haven't posted an update on myself in a whle so here goes...

I had ERNY on May 20th...My recovery was amazing and I feel better and younger than I have in over 15 years...Only a 24 hour stay in the hospital...Ripped off the pain patch the day I got home and never used anything after that...My incision stems from my breast to 2 inches below my belly button...

I weighed in at 214 when I began my Pre-op diet and this morning I weighed 181...So far so good...

I do experience occasional painful and smelly gas, soft stools, but it's all worth it to me...And, I know how to keep it from happening...The thing I've notice so far is that the more and fattier foods I eat the more and faster I lose....As a person who has always had persistent and uncomfortable constipation I so enjoy (I know this sounds sick) going to the bathroom...

When I first left the hospital I was trying to really be diligent about what and how much I ate so I didn't eat 1000 calories a day...But as soon as I said the heck with it and kicked up the eating, the weight started to come off...It has been slow, but actually not to bad 33 lbs in almost 3 months is an 11 lb loss average per month...If I can keep that pace up I could be where I want to be or close by Christmas...

So just wanted all my fellow posters to know how things are going.

Trying to lose another 37 lbs...I feel comfortable with my weight at around 145....

Good Luck to all...

Janie

JANIE!!!!!   How Awesome!  I am so happy for you.....   I knew you would be a success with ERNY.  Great Job.

Glad to see you back on the boards.  You have been missed.  I hope all is well and starting to get back to normal for you.

I will keep you in my thoughts.

MEW

Deanne K.
on 8/20/09 3:17 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hi Janie,
I knew you could do it.  You are doing wonderfully.  Keep up the great work.

I am happy where I am now, but would like to lose the final 20-25 lbs to get where I would like to be, but I am happy with where I am now.  It's still coming off and I will be 1 year out Sept. 2.  So far so good.  I am not unhappy with my revision. 

Nothing is perfect, but I am doing good.   Keep up with your vitamins and lab work.

I haven't been on here in months, so keep up the great work.

Deanne
JROLFSON
on 8/21/09 12:07 am - St. George, UT
Hi D.....

So good to hear from you...I'm glad you are doing so well...Did you heal up ok from your Hernia Surgery? It's really funny because I keep hearing from ERNY's who are over a year out and amazingly many tell me they are still dropping weight a pound here or there....That is very encouraging...

I've missed reading your posts here...I'm so glad you came on to give me a shout out...

Janie
Deanne K.
on 8/21/09 1:26 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi Janie,
I did finally completely heal at about 6 weeks from the surgery.  I still have some pain and soreness periodically in that area.  I was told it could take 6 months for everything to heal.

I am still losing weight as long as I don't eat too many carbs.

Deanne
JROLFSON
on 8/21/09 1:32 am - St. George, UT
Hooray for you Deanne...You deserve that happiness...

Janie
pepsi98
on 8/24/09 12:41 am - Norwich, CT
Janie I am so happy that you are having such great success...you absolutely deserve this and I am so happy for you!!!

Keep following the path and you'll soon be learning how to maintain...can't wait to get there myself!!

Sue
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

Most Active